Hi Everybody....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vealige

Car
Dr_Nick_Simpsons.png

Hi Everybody as Doctor Nick would say....

My name is Ian and I am Ginas other half I thought I best join the forum as it will be me fixing Gina's car when it goes wrong! :wallbash:

I currently drive a modified Mk4 Golf R32 which really is my baby and has been for the last 3 years. I also have a MK3 Golf TDI as cheap run around which used to be Gina's and is absolutely bomb proof and so cheap to run so it didn't warrant getting rid of it. I have had VW's since I was 17 and I have owned every Golf that was ever worth having (GTI's, G60, VR6 and R32)

After driving around in Gina's Merc I will have to say I was incredibly impressed with how smooth it was and just how nice it was to drive, it is also incredibly similar underneath the skin as VW's as well in the way it has been put together.

I have been deciding lately what to replace the R32 as I am at that stage in my life where I need a V8! :bannana:

I thought this forum would be a good place to start as I am 99% sure now I want an AMG I have kind of ruled out offerings from Audi and BMW and sadly I don't have the budget to stretch to a B7 RS4.

I have so many technical questions to ask as I know every there is to know about VW's but my Mercedes knowledge is pants so I wouldn't know where to start when I get tinkering!

Anyway the two AMG's I have in mind are either a W203 C55 AMG or a W211 E55 AMG but I need to get my act in gear and sell my R32 first......

Hi Ian and welcome,you should have joined a long time ago

Welcome to the forum

Hello Ian
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Welcome

I'm a fan of one of your cars, not the golf though... :)

Welcome , with the fuel price rising , you should be able to pick up a reasonable priced AMG

Hi and Welcome! Big fan of golf R32, especially the Mark 4. Was eyeing one of these for a while till I got my hands on an old V8.

Welcome , with the fuel price rising , you should be able to pick up a reasonable priced AMG

lets hope so :bannana:

good to see there are some vw fans too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom