Hi everyone, does anyone know whether a gear selector can knock out esp and abs on a w215?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atj001

Car
CL 500
Hi everyone,
does any one know if a gear selector fault can knock out ESP and ABS on a w215.

i have no power at the abs pump and cannot find why

i have this intermittant message on dash when already i park

Attachments

• 539DFE77-B991-4311-A734-C3958BBD7101.jpeg
    539DFE77-B991-4311-A734-C3958BBD7101.jpeg
    934.2 KB · Views: 0
Did you not like my last reply on your other thread?
I fear you may have been looking in the wrong place. I’ve seen left and right SAM confusion before with these. Even the dealer parts get them wrong occasionally. I’ve found you a link. Fuse 34 covers the ABS and traction systems, and I think its the drivers side SAM on your car.

I fear you may have been looking in the wrong place. I’ve seen left and right SAM confusion before with these. Even the dealer parts get them wrong occasionally. I’ve found you a link. Fuse 34 covers the ABS and traction systems, and I think its the drivers side SAM on your car.

Thank you i will investigate further

Hi, I just anted to update you. Based on your last post........... i changed the drivers side fuse box today with a used one that i had.
i no longer have an ESP ABS fault.
thank you so much for all of your advise
very Much appreciated

Excellent result! As I said before, I’ve seen much confusion in the past over left and right SAMs in these cars. The moment you posted the picture of the one you’d changed it all fell into place in my mind. I recognised straight away you’d been dealing with the wrong one. The car is fixed, best outcome possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom