Hi Everyone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blokey bloke

Hi everyone, just come across this forum whilst trying to find tyres for my B180 CDi which has been chipped. I've noticed 2 things about the current tyres:

1) They are noisy!!! I think it is because they are the ones that give you more mpg - allegedly! ;)

2) With the extra torque they just spin if it's damp and I want a quickish getaway!

There's still a bit of tread to go before they are down on the wear markers on the front, but with the winter coming I thought I'd change the front tyres. The originals are 205 55 R16's. The car has done about 21,000 miles - the rear tyres have loads of tread.

Should I swap the rear and front tyres and change all 4 tyres later or replace the front ones for something more quiet and with better grip? Has anyone any suggestions as to which are a good tyre to use?

On one of my previous cars (which also had eco tyres) I swapped for Avons which reduced the road noise dramatically and only increased mpg by about 1 mpg!!!

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to visiting this forum!

What are your current tyres?

You might find this site useful www.tyretest.com - I'll be lookin gfor quiet tyres when I need some - currently thinking about Goodyear Excellence or Dunlup Fast Response (not a Dunlop fan though).

What are your current tyres?

You might find this site useful www.tyretest.com - I'll be lookin gfor quiet tyres when I need some - currently thinking about Goodyear Excellence or Dunlup Fast Response (not a Dunlop fan though).

Thanks for your reply Stevesey, didn't think of the make - doh! Twonk! :eek:

They are Goodyear Excellence - so not sure you'd want those when you swap!

I'll check out tyretest.com though.

Cheers!

Try a google for "quiet tyres" lots of comment/viewpoints (some contradicory of course).

I did find this dutch government survey (see page 8, sorted by dB under some EU limit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom