Hi from an East Yorkshire MB noob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottHarry

Car
W221 S320L CDI 2007
Hi Guys,

Bought my first merc back in September 2013 some 8 months ago and absolutely love it :thumb:

I spent a lot of my spare time between April and August 2013 deciding on a used high spec 5 seater to buy for weekend use (put it on 5K mile max / yr insurance). I finally decided on the Jaguar XF and was going down that route, then one day while homing in on XF's I peeped through the window of an S-Class that was stood along side the XF on the forecourt. I was blown away! My decision to buy an XF went out of the window immediately so to speak! I'd accidentally discovered S-Class!

On return home I looked on youtube and found this Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson S500 review video from the time the W221 car was launched back in 2005. I love this video especially the way he does it and so funny his suggestion for a good use of Night Vision! This sold it to me!

I luckily (or maybe not luckily as it now has leaks!!) found an ex doctors car: 70k miles; full service history; £71k car new which includes £11k's worth of what the s-class is famous for - the pioneering toys! :)

The car is an S-Class S320L silver (see pic I'll post later) V6 3.0ltr deisel; LWB with main xtras: pan roof; Distronic+; Night Vision; Xenon's; Satnav; voice control; power close doors; 6DVD changer; Keyless Go; remote power boot closing - this boot thing is so james bond and cool - like the way the headlamp washers come out from behind small doors spray and then disappear back inside!; etc; etc!

Love this car. I've never had a high spec car before and have to say one of the best things I've ever bought. The best part of the car may surprise you - it's none of the above extras! It's how quiet it is inside the cabin. It's so easy to hear what people are saying! Also music sounds better due to reduced cabin noise. [Shame no Android music compatible bluetooth feed or 3.5mm feed into the sound system :( ]

Oh and when you put your foot down does it go! :D

Cheers

Hello & welcome to the forum.

And you can get add on component for iPod/mp3 I believe………..comand.co.uk

Oh thanks Giantvanman i'll take a look at that iPod/mp3 link cheers :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom