Hi from Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

211Cartel

Car
W211 E280
Evening all.

Just wanted to say hi from Leicester.

I'm now back in a Benz which in delighted about. I currently own a W211 280 saloon which I love! I've owned it for about four months, coming from Skoda and VW.

Previously to that, I had a 124 coupe ❤️, 208, 203 coupe and 202. I stupidly sold my 124 :wallbash:

I was desperate to return to MB in a 201 but ridiculous insurance quotes put me off

Anyway, that's my introduction!!

Welcome, w211 a nice car, great choice , good memories of mine

Welcome!

Shame you sold your 124 ,& 208 but welcome back..
I know.

I kick myself about the 124. It said black on the logbook but looked dark grey over black to me. It had the cream leather.

Absolutely loved that car. Sold it in a moment of stupidity.

My 208 was actually my first ever Mercedes. That set me on the road to loving the marque.

I really, really wanted a 190 earlier this year but I was getting quoted bonkers insurance, even on classic insurance (£1200 pa).

The 211 is £300 pa. I've always loved the 211’s and they’ve been on my radar for a long time.

It has one problem which I didn't discover for some time after owning it (the juddering acceleration which seems to affect the 6 cylinder engines). Maybe I should have booted it on the test drive! Just need to get to the bottom of what it is.

Welcome. I know Leicester all too well as I work in city centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom