Hi from new member with SLK300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WollaGT40

Car
SLK300 R171
Hi all, joining the forum for technical advice and information, and to contribute what I can.
Actually I may be here under false pretences as this is my wifes' car, but from a technical and maintenance standpoint, I will be looking after it, and she will 'allow' me to drive it on days out etc
I had always fancied an SLK, and it turns out that it was one of her dream cars too, so I was pleased when she said she wanted one, not only that, but like me she loves the R171 front styling. So after some careful searching we found a 2010 SLK300 auto with sports package and NAPA leather 28,000 miles only and really like new, full MB service record.
Last MOT had a front brake pads cautionary, so I have changed those this weekend in advance of taking it to a MB garage since it is now due a service.
As for my credentials, mechanical engineer, dedicated petrolhead, I just sold my '98 Impreza to make room for the SLK in the garage, daily driver is a BMW 320d MSport, my wifes previous car (to be sold) a '92 Mazda MX5 Mk1 California, and finally my own long term hobby car, a GT40 replica which I recently converted from carb to throttle bodies.
Dave

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget, using the dealer for the service means you get breakdown cover for the next 12 months which is a useful feature (I think? better double check with the dealer)

Thanks, since a car's not a car, and a post's not a post without pictures. I uploaded a few to the gallery
Dave SLK300 Sport R171
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom