Hi from new SL55 member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanSL55

Car
SL55
Hi, just a quick hello, I'm Danny. I've just bought an SL55 after a very happy year with my SL500 - I hope the SL55 will be as reliable, the 500 has been good as gold and I've enjoyed every mile.

The SL55 is raring to go all the time but still has the same classy feel when you're driving gently, I'm completely hooked!

I previously had a CLK500 from about 2011 which was also a superb car, before going "modern" with a CLS shooting brake for a few years. I seemed to be hooked on mercs, and I expect to have the SL55 for a very long time. 50K miles, 2003, silver with red leather, I absolutely love it. Just looking for a set of type 4 split rims to complete the package.

This seems to be my first post here despite joining in 2011! I look forward to being a little more active!

All the best

Danny.

Hello and welcome

Feel quite guilty actually - the number of years I've looked up problems on google and found myself reading Malcolm (television)'s advice. I'm not sure I realised I was a member!
Poor Malc has passed away some 3 years ago.
Hope you enjoy your SL55 to the full. Great cars, fantastic engines, just a shame so many let in water through the roof seals, boot or windscreen scuttle. Keep a keen eye open for leaks.

Poor Malc has passed away some 3 years ago.
Hope you enjoy your SL55 to the full. Great cars, fantastic engines, just a shame so many let in water through the roof seals, boot or windscreen scuttle. Keep a keen eye open for leaks.

I know, very sad - but his memory lives on in his posts.

Both my SLs have a a huge history of invoices, including in both cases three or four thousands of pounds of work when the roof seal failed. It's something I specifically looked for when buying - very much thanks to this forum - and despite it being done it's almost a daily ritual to check the boot whenever it's rained!

Thanks all for the welcome!

Danny.

Welcome to MBClub, sort of! Your car sounds fantastic - looking forward to seeing some photos.

I just fitted a modified steering wheel from royalsteeringwheels.com and paddles from www.g-paddles.com

Really transforms the feel of the wheel when driving. I was in two minds about it when first fitted, it's a compromise between the classic integrity of the car and a slightly more modern look and feel, but as I've got used to it I like it more and more. I noticed the original wheel was even thinner on this my Jan 2003 SL55 than my previous late 2003 SL500 - they must have thickened them up a bit.

The red stitching needs to get a little dirtier before it perfectly matches the 18 year old interior!

IMG_0440.JPEG

IMG_0437.JPEG

Nice low miler! Look forward to seeing more pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom