Hi from Redline Magazine, new W202 C230 Kompressor Sport owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D W124- Its relatively limited off the shelf, but suspension/ARB/brake upgrades seem to be there, plus exhaust and ECU remap (and some overly expensive boost upgrades via a pulley change), but beyond that there doesnt seem to be much (but to be honest so far my knowlege is limited to google searches!), but I like making stuff for myself and adapting stuff to fit, so if I find something not available, I'll try and make it.

BlackC55- Yes, suspension particularly is one thing I was thinking of, its a shame nobody seems to make any uprated bushes, as seat of the pants driving feel tells me they my current weakest link.

Grober- Yes its a 5speed manual, 98 model. And I'm surprised how well it goes for the power it has to be honest, but more to the point, I can feel some untapped potential.

BaldGuy- Potentially yes, although to be honest we do very little in the way of meets these days, but thats not to say we never do...

NW Merc- I 'had' the purple Toyota Chaser with a Skyline GT-R engine (now in Holland), now I have a sub 1000kg and once its back in one piece potentially 500bhp plus Mazda RX-7 FC.
I do all the tech stuff for the mag, its the kind of thing I understand (especially supercharged and turbocharged), but Mercs are a new area for me!

My daily drivers have always been totally plain and boring, but I decided to treat myself and go for something longer term and worth spending a bit of cash on for once!

Oh yes they do.

PM for more info. I have a contact.

Its very ------ RED but you do work for REDLINE MAGAZINE so I guess that's OK.;)

P.S. interested to hear you have a 4into2into1 manifold bang goes my tuning suggestion.:doh:

To be fair, its no more red than it was when it left the factory, though its a fairly rare colour.

And yeah, suprised about the standard manifold style. Would be amazed if any aftermarket manifold helped at all. Maybe other C-classes have crappy manifolds and thats where the claimed power increases come from, but if mines anything to go by W201 C230Ks have tubular 4-2-1 ones.

i like the red, looks good, needs bigger wheels ;)

to be fair, its no more red than it was when it left the factory, though its a fairly rare colour.

And yeah, suprised about the standard manifold style. Would be amazed if any aftermarket manifold helped at all. Maybe other c-classes have crappy manifolds and thats where the claimed power increases come from, but if mines anything to go by w201 c230ks have tubular 4-2-1 ones.

w202

Yeah I dont normally like Red, but with the style I'm going for (which is mostly 'not like every other old Merc' lol) it works well, kinda why I bought it.

Ride height is the big problem looks-wise, then wheel offset, then wheel size. But I'm on the case with them all , while trying to keep it as relatively low budget as possible as most my car funds have to go to the main car/moneypit.

:)

(And sorry about the typo above, w202)

Yeah, seen that car before, aside from the front bumper I really like it.

TBH done well you shouldnt need to uprate the internals until quite a way beyond standard power.
Running the same boost pressure as with the Kompressor but using a correctly chosen turbo the power output would probably jump around 50bhp with probably more reliability to be honest.
And there are very few engines around that cannot manage around two thirds to double the standard output on standard internals when tuned correctly, some much more.
I have no idea about the weaknesses of the standard C230K internals to be honest though, so wouldnt like to comment.

The 111 engine has a very strong bottom end. Adding 30% more power will not be an issue.

I will in about 20 posts time, you cant PM here until 30 posts :doh:

If you PM me I expect I can reply? :dk:

No PMs either way as yet - but call Olly on 02392 570 123 (as advertised on forum)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom