Hi gang - Im real excited ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weebobster

Car
C220 cdi
Hi all

I have just joined the forum and am soooooo happy to be here. I have just bought a year old C220 CDI and am hoping to collect the car next week. I found this forum whilst looking for information on my new car. I have researched the pro's and con's of this marque but would so much appreciate what you (the real enthusiasts) think. So a big hello from me and a wee thanks in advance for any hints and tips you can give me:bannana:

Hi Weebobster.
I joined this club 3 months ago. Hope you find it as useful as I have and enjoy your new purchase.

Welcome.:)

Last edited:
Weebobster,

I have had my first mercedes for a few weeks now and love it - it's a great car. I don't think there is much to worry about with the C220 to be honest, just enjoy it!

Although having said that, I seem to be having a bit of bad luck on mine with the drivers electric window. It has gone wrong on me twice now and the stealers don't seem to be too good at finding the fault. Still it's under warranty so hopefully they will get it right sometime!

Robbo

Originally posted by Robbo
. It has gone wrong on me twice now and the stealers don't seem to be too good at finding the fault. Still it's under warranty so hopefully they will get it right sometime!

Usually 1 week after your warranty has expired :)

Tanks for the welcome and advice guys! I appreciate it :)

Welcome to the best MB forum on the internet!

I am sure you will be very pleased with the 220CDi, I used to run a Vito with the same engine and it is a really good engine. I recently changed from a C180 to a C250TD, I tried several 220CDi's and did like them, I was a bit fussy about the trim level that I wanted so I went for a 250 that fitted the bill.

Please, please don't be put off by the stealers, most of them give MB a bad name whic is a great shame. Customer service/care seems to be quite poor.

weebobster,

A big welcome to you from another relative newbie (both in terms of MB ownership and visitor to this site).

Hopefully you'll find this as useful, supportive and as friendly a site as I have over the past few months.

Look forward to meeting you one day.

Welcome to the forum weebobster :) I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the diesels. Good luck with your new car.

S.

Ill do a "First Impressions" type post in a week or two to let you all know how I get on with the first week of Merc ownership. I hopefully collect the car this Friday (13TH)(hope that isnt a bad omen hehehe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom