hi guys MarkyMark49 here hope everybody is in good health

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkyMark49

Car
Viano
I have a mercedes 2014 Viano w639
had a piston go on me
had all my engine internals changed so new engine car run fine had a new dpf fitted new egr valve new egr cooler car run fine I then decided to have vehicle mapped map was no good got mapper to put original map back on run rough bad idling stalling etc mapper then put a green map on it vehicle run fine apart from 80 mph top speed no kick down and 3000rpm max so limp home mode got mapper to reinstall original map run rough again took vehicle to mercedes to flash the eco and reinstall original map from them when they gave me car back they said the software on the eco was original and upto date I took car back to them and said I won't them to flash the eco and reprogram it with their software just in case there was some bad programming in there which they did and vehicle still runs rough
technician said I need a new ecu a new dpf filter and a new pressure sensor cost £3180 and that might not fix the problem but its a starting point

my mind tells me they have been able to read and write to the ECU so do I really need a new one also as mentioned car runs fine on green map apart from the limp home mode also dpf is 6 months old run fine on green map although dpf is not a genuine mercedes part

any ideas please

Where are you based...

I'd take it to a decent inde as all Mercedes will do is replace everything new and it will cost you a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom