Hi I have sl350 1972 with d-jetronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashhessle

Car
Mercedes sl350 r107 1972
I have got sl350 with d-jetronic Fuel system which will not start it’s cranking I have got power fuel pump is working all the injectors powered up but not starting at all does anyone got the manual 1972 Sl 350 for D-jetronic system please

Well , you actually have a 350SL with d-jetronic. Have you checked spark? The transistorized ignition unit is known to fail on these cars. I believe it's way down on the passenger side front wing (on your car) close to the front. You can follow the green wire from the distributor to it. Also check the ballast resistors.

Reactions: 219
Well , you actually have a 350SL with d-jetronic. Have you checked spark? The transistorized ignition unit is known to fail on these cars. I believe it's way down on the passenger side front wing (on your car) close to the front. You can follow the green wire from the distributor to it. Also check the ballast resistors.
Hi thanks for reply yes I have spark when I spray easy start it will start and cut out so I think Sparkey is good on the car

How did you check the injectors are being powered?

Follow the steps in this video: it should get you closer to finding your problem:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi I have test Each injector with LED tester when I am cranking the engine the power was coming from ECU And it was blinking

If you have fuel to the rails and power to the injectors and you can hear them clicking (or not), then you're injectors are clogged.

Hi thanks I will check the injector can I clean them by myself?

It will be hard unless you have one of these

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok yes it is complicated I have to send them away

Mr Injector will repair or replace and Bosch republished the D-jet manual. It was available through the classic store. The UK Mercedes-Benz Club has a good problem solving guide originally published by MB.

Mr Injector will repair or replace and Bosch republished the D-jet manual. It was available through the classic store. The UK Mercedes-Benz Club has a good problem solving guide originally published by MB.
Hi marku do you have contact number for mr ingector ?

Interesting, the reason I bought that injector cleaner is because I needed to convert an XJ12C back to fuel injection as it was converted to propane. I had about 36 crappy injectors and needed to get 12 good ones. I believe that Lucas d-jet injectors fire by pulsing ground vs puling a live signal so it's slightly different.

No don't have a number for Mr Injector but is online. Got a repair kit for mine but does repair and supply refurbished but as you might have discovered they are not cheap particularly when needing 8.

Hi is anyone saling injector for Mercedes SL350 1972 please as mine are completely blocked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom