Hi, I 'm not exactly new to this forum, but I have been away for while.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matt32AMG1

Car
slk32amg
The reason I have been away was my beloved SLK32AMG got stolen back in September 2016.
The thieves broke into my new extension, stole both Keys to my Mercedes, Bothe Keys to my Mitsubishi
ASK, and one key to my Porsche RS60Spyder, it cost me a fortune, not only replacing keys to the Porsche and locks including Ignition lock Some £2000 odd pounds, but some £4500 to repair the ASX, and the SLK32AMG had over £14,500 worth of damage when recovered and the bill kept rising, at that point insurance company wrote it off!! I question why bother insuring , when in reality it isn't covered at all, it just got too expensive for the insurers to fix.:mad:

Anyway I'm now looking to buy a pre owned SL500 with a full history, done 37,000 miles, looks lovely,
however its very wet in side the boot lid and windows when I looked at it today, the carpets weren't wet
neither was any other interior surface inside the cockpit. When I opened the boot it was sopping wet inside the boot lid. Going to drive it tomorrow,
Thoughts, any one ? Malcolm you've had one :)
Best regards
Matt

^ Welcome back Matt. I remember your SLK theft. Nasty business.

Sadly Malcolm passed away in August last year after a short illness. His SL is now in the hands of another forum member.
I'd be inclined to have the SL you are looking at inspected at MBS Southampton or any other indy of your choice. As you know, it doesn't take much for problems to cost a bit on this model.

^ Welcome back Matt. I remember your SLK theft. Nasty business.

Sadly Malcolm passed away in August last year after a short illness. His SL is now in the hands of another forum member.
I'd be inclined to have the SL you are looking at inspected at MBS Southampton or any other indy of your choice. As you know, it doesn't take much for problems to cost a bit on this model.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, he was a true enthusiast for the Cars. And I'm sure his input has ben missed by many.

Yes good Idea, I could take it to MBS and give it to Colin or Dave to look at if I'm in doubt

^ Some members went to his house in Daventry (he moved from Lyme Regis) just before he passed for a final GTG. It was a lovely day but somewhat sad knowing what would happen. He passed away a week later.
A real gent and a mine of information. He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom