Hi I'm TC. I'm new to this forum and have already found loads of useful information.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat8867

Car
Mercedes 190E
I would really appreciate some help locating the fuel pump relay on my 1991 190. The reason being it's a Cypriot import, and the air con model, so it's not in the usual place behind or around the battery or around the fuse box - or at least I can't see it from the photos that I've seen of where it's supposed to be.

The car's been standing for a while but was running great before being parked up, now and turns over really well but doesn't fire up.

I can't hear the relay click in at all, and viewing a lot of historical posts I want to rule this out before I call someone out to check other stuff.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks in advance.

I would really appreciate some help locating the fuel pump relay on my 1991 190. The reason being it's a Cypriot import, and the air con model, so it's not in the usual place behind or around the battery or around the fuse box - or at least I can't see it from the photos that I've seen of where it's supposed to be.

The car's been standing for a while but was running great before being parked up, now and turns over really well but doesn't fire up.

I can't hear the relay click in at all, and viewing a lot of historical posts I want to rule this out before I call someone out to check other stuff.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks in advance.
While I can't give any specific advice, have you tried tracing the wiring back from the fuel pump?

Hi pillow,

no, nothing's been checked on the fuel pump yet but it looks like it's the culprit for sure.

I've had a few responses on another thread and it's almost certain now.

I'm awaiting a mechanic to come over to confirm and change it.

Thanks for your support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom