Hi Merky Bros and Sisters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Highfiddleedee

Car
1991 300TD, 1989 300TE, 1988 190D 2.5 Auto, 1965 Land Rover Series 3 SWBVer
I've been on the forum a few times but I have not yet said hello, and I've been told that is bad etiquette. So, Hi all, or as we say here in Northern Ireland "Whataboutye". I've 2 Mercs, a super 124 estate, and recently, I bought a 190D auto to try out the UVO - and that has been going really well, that is until the weather chilled down a bit, and now Its taking a while to start. Actually, the glow plug light has stopped coming on, which is maybe related to the UVO. Does no light mean the glow plugs are not working?! It turns and turns and eventually fires up, but I don't think this is the way to go - either more derv in the fuel, or new plugs, or both.
I did a wee experiment today which I will post seperately so that the vegi heads don't miss it.
Norman

Welcome - sorry to hear you're having problems getting the car started now it's getting cooler - it's hardly cold (unless you live in the Shetland Isles - lol) How will it cope in a proper cold snap :crazy: :eek:

hiho

Hello, not too many 124s left on the roads here!

Hello, not too many 124s left on the roads here!
True which is a shame as they are a great car. They look slow and heavy but they can't half shift. Mine is off road at the moment while I play with my 190D. The 124 does a silly thing when it has been left not started for a while. It will start and run for about 15 mins, and then run lumpy and stall and refuse to start making all sorts of noises. The solution is to run it for at least 15 miles and then it seems to behave. No idea what the problem is, but when its running everyday its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom