Hi. Newbie with a Brabus Chipped 250m cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pierpp

Car
2014 E400 Coupe
Hi

I have a 250 CDi Blue efficiency and have just had a Brabus chip fitted. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same and their views. My current insurer wont cover me now. Anyone else have any issues?

Hi and welcome. I noticed your other post about the chip, how much did the chip cost+install?
What was your insurance cost before? more importantly, what are you going to do now???
I was thinking about the chip, I will contact my insurance and see what they say beforehand though.

Hi Johny..nice looking E Coupe BTW

Basically the dealers are doing the chip, fitted for £1599 with a 7 day return policy. If you are not happy, just bring the car back and they will put it back to how it was. They claim about an extra 39bhp and 60 torque (on a 250cdi) It doesnt affect the MB warranty and you also get a 3 year Brabus warranty too.

I phoned my insurance company (swiftcover) who will not insure modified cars in any way shape or form, however 'mild' the modification. I phoned a few other 'high performance' insurers that were quoting me £700-£1000 instead of the £350 I am paying. I phoned Direct Line (who I assumed would be a no-no) and surprisingly they will do it for £411 !!

Apparently for a 350Cdi the improvement is even better about 50bhp more..but check the price, it may not be the same

Welcome to the forum :)

One can get performance remaps much cheaper than the Brabus with the same or even better results.

The big downer is the loss of part if not all the MB warranty

Try a search of the threads here and you should find many posts relating to chipping and remaps

That put me off when i enquired with my insurer before.

maybe have to try somebody like adrian flux or similar.

I tried A Flux and they came in at £650 ..direct line ..£411 !!

Oh and as my car is just over 3 months old I wouldnt touch a non MB approved modification

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom