Hi'all [Help needed]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debbie

Hi'
Iv'e just placed my order for anew shape "slk200" and i need to know a few things from u guys so here goes.

1]"TRACKER" which system do they use when they install to order,has the
company got a web site etc etc ,for price compar
Merc Quote was "Retrieve" £408
"Moinitor" £612
"Horizon" £917 all prices inlc vat +fitting but no subs
Iv'e seen on the web cheaper with subs included but i need a like 4 like

2] Sat/Nav, which system do they use, any info is most welcome eg web site,company name etc etc

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi, Welcome to the forum as both your queries are electrical, i'm going to move to the right section. Hope you get the answers you need!

Debbie said:
Hi'
Iv'e just placed my order for anew shape "slk200" and i need to know a few things from u guys so here goes.

1]"TRACKER" which system do they use when they install to order,has the
company got a web site etc etc ,for price compar
Merc Quote was "Retrieve" £408
"Moinitor" £612
"Horizon" £917 all prices inlc vat +fitting but no subs
Iv'e seen on the web cheaper with subs included but i need a like 4 like

2] Sat/Nav, which system do they use, any info is most welcome eg web site,company name etc etc

Thanks in advance

1. Tracker is from "Tracker.co.uk" at http://www.tracker.co.uk/home/ and they should have given you a broucher when you ordered the car. This in my opinion is the right one to go for. I have had it fitted to all my 4 Mercedes from new. The only problem is that it is not transferrable from car to car. By the way if you are keeping the car for more than three years it is cheaper to go for "Life Membership" as a one off payment.

2. Sat Nav system is their own, do a search in this section for Sat Nav and see the comments.

By the way WELCOME. :bannana: :bannana:

SAt NAv for the new SLK : they do a new DVD comand I believe - well worth the extra.

id recommend NAVTRAK .with proactive ADR. they issue 2 credit cards to use with it,each named driver carries one to prevent thiefs stealing your keys or carjacking you.it recognises the credit card is not in the vicinity of the driver/car keys and informs you before sending silent alarm to headquarters.clever stuff THATCHAM Q www.navtrak.com PHONE 08700 122424

Welcome to the forum Debbie - Lucky you - new SLK - very nice - off to look at them myself today ;) :D

When's your delivery? Are you going to collect from Germany?

Last edited:
Did anyone see the film 'Gone in 60 Seconds' about Grand Theft Auto, stealing desirable (very expensive), and collectable cars to order?

Well one of the cars to be stolen was a MB and it posed the most difficulties and was impossible to steal without the actual coded key.
They only stole it with a MB dealer insider who ordered a set of keys.

So I guess a MB is impossible to start without the key?
A tracker however covers the event if someone uses a lorry or tows the car away.

uumode said:
Did anyone see the film 'Gone in 60 Seconds' about Grand Theft Auto, stealing desirable (very expensive), and collectable cars to order?

Well one of the cars to be stolen was a MB and it posed the most difficulties and was impossible to steal without the actual coded key.
They only stole it with a MB dealer insider who ordered a set of keys.

So I guess a MB is impossible to start without the key?
A tracker however covers the event if someone uses a lorry or tows the car away.

In the USA almost all of the cars sold have a tow-away sensor that goes off on angle.

miro said:
In the USA almost all of the cars sold have a tow-away sensor that goes off on angle.

But all it makes is a noise doesn't it? Still can be towed away?
In Central London I've seen white trailers with reflective strips down the side towing/lifting away screaming cars. I assume (and I suppose others too) they are traffic control.. but who's to say they are not professional car jackers with some reflective strips on their vehicle :D

The exact same thing happened to my mates Jaguar. The people watching it getting towed thought it had been illegally parked so didn't question why the alarm was going off. The car was actually recovered 2 days later bieng loaded into a ship at Southampton.
It didn't have tracker btw.

miro said:

Even my 1998 C240 had a tow away sensor on it. I think it became standard in 1997 in the UK

My Sept 97 C240 has a tow away sensor too .. the became standard on the facelift W202, I think ...

fuzzer said:
Even my 1998 C240 had a tow away sensor on it. I think it became standard in 1997 in the UK

miro said:

Last year I saw a selection of nearly new cars on a transporter. One was a MB.
As the truck went along a dumpy peice of road the MB alarm kept activating.
It obviously knew that all the bouncing wasn't right.

http://www.tracker.co.uk/home/[/url] and they should have given you a broucher

Thanks 4 the link " Brian WH" i've downloaded the pdf file on the tracker,
most helpful
"Pammy" November pickup in the UK, i jumped the q sorry mate of a mate etc etc

"mingaud" I want the "Merc" 1 because i don't want my new car to be pulled about to much,lol

If anybody out there has sat/nav installed in the last year or so
could they take the disk out and post any info that might be on the disk
eg "developers name" to give me a lead 2 start a search from

thanks 4 all the comments
Debbie

Debbie i have a 2004 / 2005 disc latest edition PM me and i will arrange a sample for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom