Hidden or not very well documented "features" on your Mercedes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...or dim the instrument cluster using the reset knob thingy?

So, I thought I knew all about my car but I discovered:

The passenger seat head restraint will lower after a few seconds if the passenger seat is not occupied, to give the drive better all round vision. How cool is that?

Things that I didn’t know before this thread are:
1. The instrument light adjuster, as mentioned above
2. The glove box can cooler, as mentioned above
3. The brake hold function by double tapping the pedal

Other ideas:
4. Auto-select of Park when turning off the engine or opening the driver’s door
5. Cup holders in the rear armrest
6. Rest function for blowing warm air into the cabin after the engine is off
7. Auto mirror folding when the car is locked, can be turned on or off in the Comand menu system

Found out today that the pano roof closes itself to the tilt position after 6 hours.

Freaked me out when I went out to close it and found it was already closed!

Things that I didn’t know before this thread are:
1. The instrument light adjuster, as mentioned above
2. The glove box can cooler, as mentioned above
3. The brake hold function by double tapping the pedal

Other ideas:
4. Auto-select of Park when turning off the engine or opening the driver’s door
5. Cup holders in the rear armrest
6. Rest function for blowing warm air into the cabin after the engine is off
7. Auto mirror folding when the car is locked, can be turned on or off in the Comand menu system
And auto mirror tilt when reversing if left hand mirror selected, and lower position can be set to memory

I only found out this weekend that if you press to unlock and hold the unlock on the key it opens all the windows and rolls them up doing the same with lock and hold.

Oh and the cupholder on the CLK - I found that as well :doh:

Was a little surprised by the fact that the tail gate buttons on my c340e estate were not back illuminated. Then I found the auto interior lights button by the rear view mirror. Now, not only is it brighter at night when I stop but he buttons on the tailgate light up!

Found out today that the pano roof closes itself to the tilt position after 6 hours.

Freaked me out when I went out to close it and found it was already closed!
It should close when it rains too.

Used to be hold gear shifter left, or hold change down button for a second the gearbox would select best gear for acceleration.

One I discovered on my previous E55 and I notice mine does it too - if you are driving along and you feel the car could do with changing up, even when you are in C/S mode, press the + paddle / button or even nudge the gear select lever to the right and it will still change up.

Thanks Guys i didn't know this. I tried it on my way in this morning and it worked a treat. It has been driving me crazy as the car loves hovering at 2000 rmp ( i have looked into it, apparently it's normal) before changing gear but doing the above changed gear and kept it in auto :D

When you select rear window wipe on the S212, a symbol comes up on the lower section of the Centre instrument dial.

No. Mine only tilts if you select left mirror. After all you only need it to avoid the kerb when reversing. It would be a complete pain if it tilted down unnecessarily every time you engaged reverse gear.

Interesting.
I’ll have to check next time I take it out.
Maybe I happen to have the switch set to passenger mirror and haven’t noticed.

Yep only tilts when the passenger side is selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom