Hidden or not very well documented "features" on your Mercedes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was the car unlocked too?

The only thing I can think of is that you were accidentally holding the unlock button down on your fob. But you must also have been right by the drivers door, as it only works there (presumably to try to stop exactly what happened to you).

Strangely I only tried doing that this morning, and it didn't work! Then this happened this afternoon. Maybe my mind gave up but my fingers didn't and had another go when my eyes weren't looking :D

PS It was still locked (I think)

Maybe it did work, but your car was just a bit slow on the uptake? :D

I just found out (prompted by my 11 year old daughter asking "What does that thing do?") that the glove box on my 212 has switchable air con.

What a brilliant feature for keeping drinks cool on long journeys.

The last time I had that (albeit non-switchable) was in a company car way back in 95. A Cavalier CDX to be precise. Always loved that little touch.

Aha! I've been mystified as to why that has started happening on mine (just had the cooler fixed and thought there was some sort of wiring fault...).

In my 212 I was delighted to recently find an addition 12V power supply in the glovebox to go with the one in the front central binnacle, the one in the rear central binnacle and the one in the boot.

Was able to keep all the family's phones, tablets, kindles, fitbits and power blocks charged up on the recent trip to the south of France.

I've found all the others in my W212 except the boot one, where is yours located? want to install a rear dash cam (have one spare so might as well) but want to find a neat power source for the wiring.

I've found all the others in my W212 except the boot one, where is yours located? want to install a rear dash cam (have one spare so might as well) but want to find a neat power source for the wiring.

IIRC it's on the RHS looking into the boot a few inches back from the seat back and about halfway up.

A mate of mine has a Range Rover Autobiography, he lets his 14 year old daughter play with it. Every time she does she discovers another 'toy' or function that he didn't even knew it had (or probably needed) from memory its his 5th or 6th new range rover. Sucker for punishment !

Found that the extra press does put the car on hold but hadn't realised until today that taking your foot off the brake doesn't restart the engine if stop/start is enabled. Took me 3 years to find that out.:oops:

Im going to do a series of these 'hidden features' videos on my Youtube channel, ive just created Volume one:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know what you think + suggestions for volume 2 :)

Cheers!

I thought it was very good. Talking to a camera that gives no feedback or response is not easy without the errr emmm....and long pauses. The speed of speech was spot on. Slow enough so the viewer could understand what you were saying. The speed of camera movement was also good, no shakes or blurred scene due to too fast panning.

Shoot the next one when it’s not raining.

My OCD was making me want to switch on your wipers!

Good video.

Shoot the next one when it’s not raining.

My OCD was making me want to switch on your wipers!

Good video.

On being asked to do a photo-shoot with my lovely old 124, whilst driving (not easy with a photographer lying across the lowered front passenger seat) He reminded me to hold my hands at Ten to Two on the steering wheel. Apparently they get more people who spend their entire time searching out things that could be improved or are wrong, then writing detailed letters of complaint to the editor.

Karl. I liked the Video's and the subject matter. Nearly every car forum is developing a 'hidden features' slot. It can't be a bad thing.

Thanks for all the positive comments :)

I now film it, write out a script and record it back on my PC - it makes it so much easier that I can take my time and as you say, reduces the errrmms and errrs.

The W211 isnt mine and the only day I had to film it, it didnt stop raining all day :D

Any idea's for a 2nd video guys? - I have already filmed:

1) Bonnet in vertical position
2) Bootlid floor hooking onto top of boot

Was thinking 'Tunnel mode' etc

Any idea's for a 2nd video guys? - I have already filmed:

1) Bonnet in vertical position
2) Bootlid floor hooking onto top of boot

Was thinking 'Tunnel mode' etc

Seeing as I have no clue about the second or third one I’m excited to see this one :)

Not sure if it qualifies as 'hiden"... but not many people bother adjusting the steering wheel, or even realise it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom