Hidden storage door won't open after removing Audio 20 unit & broken CD player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtahhh

Car
E320 CDI Estate (W211)
Hi, my 3 year old broke the CD player on the Audio 20 head unit. I'm not sure what he did but it was displaying TRACK when I got home. I took it out and left it for 30 mins. When I put it back it said CD ERROR. I can see there's no CD stuck in it but I can't put a CD in as part of the mechanism is blocking the CD from sliding in. I'll try to find a replacement one but onto my next problem...

Having put everything back together, all the buttons on the panel under the Audio 20 work OK (hazard, heated seat, rear wiper, etc. etc.) but the hidden storage door, that's behind this panel and that's opened by pressing the little chrome button under the hazard warning light triangle, won't open. Instead it makes the Audio 20 display show REMOVE CD0. One thing to note is there was a small 2-wire connector on this part (next to the main connector) that I couldn't find a home for but it really does look like it's spare and isn't intended to be used in my case.

Having googled a bit, I can see that this hidden storage slot can have a CD changer in it instead (which may explain what the extra wires are for). From this and the REMOVE CD0 message when I press the storage door button, I figure that the system has been reset in some way and now thinks that that button operates the changer rather than the hidden storage door's motor.

Am I on the right lines, and if so, can you tell me how I can get the door working again?

Thanks g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom