Hide in a crowd, Not any more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
"God Bless America"

Think you can hide in a large crowd? Not anymore.

Ever wonder how they found the Boston bombers in just a few days? This may help you to understand what the government is looking at.
This photo was taken in Canada and shows about 700,000 people. Hard to disappear in a crowd. Pick on a small part of the crowd click a
couple of times -- wait -- click a few more times and see how clear each individual face will become each time. Or use the wheel on your mouse.
This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 Mega Pixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being
installed in strategic locations. The camera can identify a face among a multitude of people. Place your computer’s cursor in the mass of
people and double-click a couple times. Scary sharp!! Not so easy to hide in a crowd anymore.

Click below please / Full screen

Gigapixel.com - 2011 Stanley Cup - Game 7 Canucks Fan Zone v1

As with all CCTV, helps them find the person, however it doesnt prevent crime though does it?

Did you not read the text above the photo? It's a composite of 216 images that have been stitched together - nothing clandestine about that. BTW, that particular pic has been around for quite a while now.

I appreciate its not CCTV as such, but my point still stands.

So it's just a stitch of loads of photos.

Why the rubbish about special cameras and big brother?

Interesting Eddie. But it's not a solution in itself.

The problem with data is that it needs seeding. The more you have, the worse the problem becomes - a point well made on Newsnight last night when they discussed plans for the govt. etc to have access to everybody's browsing history. Useful for building a case after an event, but no so clever in other respects.

Have you seen 360 degree video capture? You can look around this video of a Swiss Air cockpit using your mouse:

Edit: Looks like you'll need to click the YouTube logo bottom right and watch it on YouTube.

[YOUTUBE HD]HEEIzZ7UjRg[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you not read the text above the photo? It's a composite of 216 images that have been stitched together - nothing clandestine about that. BTW, that particular pic has been around for quite a while now.

Most deep space exploration pictures are composites. Still very useful.

"God Bless America"

Think you can hide in a large crowd? Not anymore.

Ever wonder how they found the Boston bombers in just a few days? This may help you to understand what the government is looking at.
This photo was taken in Canada and shows about 700,000 people. Hard to disappear in a crowd. Pick on a small part of the crowd click a
couple of times -- wait -- click a few more times and see how clear each individual face will become each time. Or use the wheel on your mouse.
This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 Mega Pixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being
installed in strategic locations. The camera can identify a face among a multitude of people. Place your computer’s cursor in the mass of
people and double-click a couple times. Scary sharp!! Not so easy to hide in a crowd anymore.

Click below please / Full screen

Gigapixel.com - 2011 Stanley Cup - Game 7 Canucks Fan Zone v1

If I had taken the picture with my camera the resultant image would have been...3872 mega pixels!! A good effort...but not quite Carling.

Most deep space exploration pictures are composites. Still very useful.

Yes and with very low resolution chips, I think the latest Mars rover has a camera chip is only 2MP, it is down to the fact that the engineers "know" the chip and it's factors and probably the biggest factor was the cameras were first designed and specc'ed back in 2004 ;)

There is no need for high speed processing (lots of pixels) or noise reduction (which can be needed for high resolution low light chips) processing which can FUBAR fine detail resolution.

You do not want cutting edge tech when there is only ONE chance.

Guy in the blue shirt wont be recognised. He has no head!

Yes and with very low resolution chips, I think the latest Mars rover has a camera chip is only 2MP, it is down to the fact that the engineers "know" the chip and it's factors and probably the biggest factor was the cameras were first designed and specc'ed back in 2004 ;)

There is no need for high speed processing (lots of pixels) or noise reduction (which can be needed for high resolution low light chips) processing which can FUBAR fine detail resolution.

You do not want cutting edge tech when there is only ONE chance.

David,

Yeah these older models are much better ;)

Space tech is very interesting, as you say, what goes up must work reliably.

Btw, we are currently working on a documentary with a famous cosmologist, due for airing after Christmas - I'll post a link when it's live.

Chris

Interesting how much a small baseball cap hides...

This £400 odd camera hits the spot.
Fast forward to 30 seconds in:eek:

[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=mfshAzV0FN4[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom