High beam assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philipquist

Car
E220d
On my W212, the car had a very useful feature (main beam assist) which automatically switches the main beam on when the road is dark and doing about 40mph. This is activated when the indicator switch/stalk is pushed away from the driver.

Would you know how this feature works on my the W213? If so, how do I activate it?

The W213 has the LED Headlamps.

Thanks

On later models it's called ILS, intelligent light system. It works in the same way but is far more advanced. If you have it, the headlights will have intelligent light system written inside the lens.

Russ

You need the code 641/642 headlights, not the standard LED headlights. They come with the Headlamp Assist option which is the auto high beam stuff

R

Hi mate.
You should have a headlamp symbol with an illuminated ‘A’ displayed on your dashboard when you push the turn signal forward.

As stated the headlamp housing will have the following LED INTELLIGENT LIGHTING

The lights are LED High Performance.

When I push the stalk, the main beam comes on. There is no blue headlight symbol with the A.

My previous W212 had it but not this W213

The lights are LED High Performance.

When I push the stalk, the main beam comes on. There is no blue headlight symbol with the A.

My previous W212 had it but not this W213
Do you need to enable it first within the lighting settings on the dashboard? Worth checking

Possibly but this W213 is all new to me. There is an option for lighting but cannot see the option to enable the high beam assist.

Is the feature available for LED headlamps or MB took that feature away (I will be surprised)

Possibly but this W213 is all new to me. There is an option for lighting but cannot see the option to enable the high beam assist.

Is the feature available for LED headlamps or MB took that feature away (I will be surprised)

Anything stamped inside the headlight lens, if not your probably wasting your time?

Russ

The settings for the high beam assist are in the dashboard settings... “on / off” its worth checking that.

Quite sure it only works in auto on the switch too, so you won’t see the high beam assist symbol on your dash if it’s not in auto on the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yours hasn’t got it I’m afraid. The high performance version is the standard non auto high beam assist. The multibeam LED is the one with all the bells and whistles.

I have un-intelligent LED headlights with high beam assist. It's definitely a thing.

What are the differences between high beam assist and the Intelligent Lighting System?

My mistake I DO have the LED intelligent lighting system (just went and looked at my headlights) but I don't have the fancy matrix LEDs. My headlights follow the turn and I have auto high beam. Matrix LED I think blocks out certain parts of the beam profile if it detects another vehicle.

My mistake I DO have the LED intelligent lighting system (just went and looked at my headlights) but I don't have the fancy matrix LEDs. My headlights follow the turn and I have auto high beam. Matrix LED I think blocks out certain parts of the beam profile if it detects another vehicle.

Different manufacturers call it different things. Matrix is typically Audi naming for it.

Mercedes use Multibeam LED generally now, it was known as the ILS in the w212, or it might still be called that now.

Ah right. You need LED MULTIBEAM.

LED High performance is different and if I'm correct standard on all W213's in the UK

If you have it then there will be something under the assist menu (under vehicle i think) in command.

High beam assist was not available with standard LED lights when W213 was launched (at least not in my country). Very confusing when high beam assist was standard with LED lights on the 212. Later on it was introduced as a retrofit option, better to check with the dealer if your W213 does not have it.

You are right Diesel Benz! I just spoke to my dealer and the high beam assist (now called Intelligent Light System) is an option with standard LED headlamps.

To me, this is a big step back for MB considering my 2011 W212 with bi-Xenon headlights had them.

MB pride themselves on safety but that is a safety feature taken away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom