High beam dead. AMG E63 2010 W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reine

Car
AMG E63 2010 W212
Hi
My high beam has stopped working.
It's so weird, there is no fuse for this. I have checked all the fuses, and everything is ok.
Where is no high beam auto on this car, so there can be no such thing as trouble.
The low beam rises and the lamp indicator lights up in the instrument panel, but no power to the bulb.

Has anyone had a simular problem?
/Reine

Hi
My high beam has stopped working.
It's so weird, there is no fuse for this. I have checked all the fuses, and everything is ok.
Where is no high beam auto on this car, so there can be no such thing as trouble.
The low beam rises and the lamp indicator lights up in the instrument panel, but no power to the bulb.

Has anyone had a simular problem?
/Reine
There are oy a few things in any car that ca be at fault with the same problems yih have.

Firstly check all the obvious fuses blow and bulbs are OK.

Secondly open the bonnet and with the engine ignition on but engine nit running turn uour lights on to dip beam...all ok?

Now flash your main beam.
Do either main beam lights come on?

If you find one lights and the other doesn't check the earth on the back of the light is OK.

Secondly checm you get supply switching tk the bulb with a DVM.

Ok so no main beam at all still on both livhts...
Change flash relay in the fuse box.

If you still get no fkash remove your indicator and flash switch.
Check you get supply to the unit and check the flash switch actuately switches an out put to the relay.

If God forbid you find that it still doesn't work the easiest way is to remove the flash fuse and feed a wire directly back to the battery by passing the loom completely.

Fut a 30amk I line fuse and wire tk the supply wire to the flash switcb.
Cut the old loo. Wire out and insulate.

Hope thus helps.

Have you tried with the light switch in the "Headlamp" position and not "Auto"?

If it has the intelligent lighting system, and a UK spec car would have (though not I'm sure in your country), then pushing the control stalk to it's forward position would only activate this and not necessarily apply the main beam as certain circumstances have to be met before it will come on.

To avoid this, or basically remove it from the equation, turn the switch one position to the right, to the head and side lamp symbol. Then try moving the stalk forwards and hopefully your main beam will work.

Hi
If you have xenon lights please be careful poking at rear of headlight with covers off. If you have an issue with main been test with headlights switched on manually then push stick forward for main beam do either main beam light up if one does and other doesn't then fault potentially lies in the headlight control unit which is at the bottom of the headlight assembly number needs to come off to get to this.
If neither light comes on when selecting main beam then I would get it to a dealer or indi for them to check for faults and then potentially re code the headlamp control units as from what I can remember the left headlamp unit is the master unit out of them both.

Hope this helps

If you can supply more details about what lighting system you have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom