High level brake light clk w209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lostinvegas

Went out to my car yesterday and realised the high level boot brake light had fallen into the recess and the plastic lens is missing. I am not sure if its just fallen off (lots of posts this this effect on the net) or if someone has tried to break into the boot.

Does anyone know where the best place to get one is, is the dealer the only option? also does anyone know how easy they are to fit as I am going to attempt a DIY job.

Thanks

Chris

Very easy to fit.

Happened to me. Luckily, when I retraced my route, I found the red lense at the side of the road.

Replacing it is straightforward, all done from the underside of the bootlid.

The trim retaining clips pop out once the centre bit has been lifted with a small flat bladed screwdriver.

You will need a small Torx bit to undo the plastic trim covers (by the lock, others??). Remove the emergency triangle, then unclip and remove the plastic trim that holds it - the plastic plate slides sideways once a small clip is lifted.

Carefully undo the retaining strips on the plastic trim of the bootlid hinges. Loosen the plastic trim so that the 'carpet' trim on the bootlid can be eased out from behind.

If the carpet trim on the underside of the boot lid still isn't loose, look for the clips that you've missed...

Once the carpet is off, three 10mm?? nuts retain the plastic brake light.

To dismantle, replace & re-assemble, about 1 hour.

Ian.

Dead easy to do......from memory part is about about £70 from a dealer......no cheaper elsewhere.

PS. It is a common problem with CLKs....the light just falls to pieces after a period of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom