High Mileage Award

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
215,000 miles so - woohoooo we qualify for the first one.

Will get on the stealers case next time we are passing

Andy

Originally posted by andy_k
215,000 miles so - woohoooo we qualify for the first one.

Will get on the stealers case next time we are passing

Andy

Let us know how it goes.

I actually emailed the Norwegian importer and asked about this - the result? No reply! :( I then contacted Mercedes in Germany and told them about it, but that didn't lead to anything either!!

I know for sure that the morons at my dealership will look at me like question marks if I go and ask them about it...... :(

Hmmm...

Has anyone had any success on this in the uk?

aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

ok, the story goes something like this

1, you need to go to your dealer - parts or service manager depending on how they run the dealership and ask about high mileage awards. At this point you will be met with blank faces, sharp intakes of breath and denials from the half wits staffing the dealership. DON'T give up :)

2, Insist they look into it, they can contact either their regional parts co-ordinator or area sales team who will give them the relevant part number - you need a form to fill in which they have to order, verify and send in to Daimler Chrysler UK who then send you a certificate and badge back to the parts department for you to collect.

3, When they continue denying the existance of such a scheme you insist they phone the press and PR department at milton Keynes who apparently know all about this but can't speak to you directly as they are not "customer facing".

I'm currently at stage 3 of the negotiations - will keep you all posted with stages 4,5,6 etc - many thanks to Victoria and Darren in customer Services for their help so far.

Andy

stage 4 of the saga goes like this

after giving them all the information and the contact number of the person who deals with it at DCUK you sit and wait for them to get back to you.

The good news is that Rawsons of Tonbridge know about the awards and their parts manager has obtained several of these awards for owners in the past - he didn't realise they still existed but is going to get back to me later today with the correct parts number for the form we need. (I'll just sit back and listen the chorus of "yeah we believe that one" :))

Andy

Stage 5 is just as unenlightening

Phone MBUK again and explain that the dealer won't do anything about it as nobody there knows anything about it so it can't possibly be their job.

So, MBUK transfer me to Maastricht (by now I'm thinking lucky it's a freefone number) where they couldn't have been more helpful and courteous spending at least 5 minutes apologising for the dreadful service being offered to drivers of older and high mileage cars - they referred to them as "ambassadors for the marque". According to them it is the DIRECT responsibility of the dealer to deal with this - but because it's a free service to cars that are very often outside of the dealer network some of them just can't be bothered filling in the form and submitting it - approximately 5 minutes of their day would be wasted doing this :) It should be handled by the parts department, if they don't deal with it then ask to speak to the Parts Co-ordinator first at the dealer then ask for the regional one or the dealer principle.

Great, so now i know who to speak to - have these people ever tried getting past the switchboard at a dealers to speak to anybody except the guy on the parts counter?

So I phone the local dealer again and get the same guy in the parts department who still insists the scheme has nothing to do with him and no he won't give me the number of the regional parts co-ordinator or transfer me to the Dealer Principle. He says this is something that head office should deal with - despite the fact that the car needs to be driven into a dealers to have the mileage verified and that the only reason that both MBUK and Maastricht are referring me back to the dealers is that even though he knows nothing about it they are doing it because they can't be bothered to deal with it themselves.

Someone is being less than helpful here - my guess goes with the dealer.

Andy

Me thinks "Maastricht" should be insisting MB Milton keynes should notify all the dealers what should be done about these.

Frankly, I cant believe the dealers attitude................. Oh all right then, I can believe it judging by other people's posts - but it shouldnt be this way should it.

funny thing here Spike.

Everyone except the dealers do know about this and Milton Keynes insist that the dealers should and in fact DO know about it.

I got another call fom Milton Keynes telling me to get the dealer to fax the Mercedes Promotions Department to send them all the forms.

If the dealers won't do anything MK suggest "cornering" (their words not mine) the Dealer Principle and insisting that they deal with it.

As for the dealers attitude - yep, it's kinda sad that the guy in the parts department has to be the one who takes all the grief over this. Apparently it's been listed in Mercedes Magazine so the staff really should be fully briefed.

I'm working from home today so have had some time to get on their case - I'll keep you all posted.

Andy

Is it worth contacting the guy who created the W124 site, to see if he could point us in the direction of a helpful US dealers??

Mine is currently on 128k, and at this ate it will be eligable for its own award before MBUK get their act together!!

I had one on my W124 Coupe. Just strolled into the MB dealer in Milton Keynes and asked for one. :)

ok - bit of an update - our local dealer has all the info waiting for me to collect - helpful as ever - apparently it's all in German.

I'll pick it up tomorrow when I'm passing and will post the details as soon as I have them

Andy

Well done Andy,
Im on 178k:bannana:

I know the MBOC has details on this award and the diffrent grades awarded for higher and higher mileages.

I will check a club mag and report my findings to the MI5 HQ.

May be a day or two but watch this space.

here we go with yet another update :)

there's good news and bad news

the good news

the following awards can be ordered

badges

100,000 km - part number 6782 8001 99 silver plated - cost €7.50
250,000 km - part number 6782 8003 99 silver plated - cost €7.50
500,000 km - part number 6782 8005 99 silver plated with jewel- cost €8.00
1 million km - part number 6782 8010 99 gold with jewel - €30.00
2 million km - part number 6782 8020 99 gold with jewel - €30.00

certificates

100,000km - part number 6782 8502 01 - €1.00
200,000km - part number 6782 8504 01 - €1.00
500,000km - part number 6782 8506 01 - €1.00
1,000,000km - part number 6782 8511 01 - €1.00
2,000,000km - part number 6782 8521 01 - €1.00

Envelope to hold diplomas/certificates

part number 6782 8841 99

add to all orders irrespective of quantity €10

these are prices to the dealer - not the public - it's up to them whether or not they pass the charge on.

all information supplied by

Rahel Hirschi

Mercedes Benz Customer Assistance Centre
Maastricht

now the bad news

looking on the computer at the dealers NONE of those part numbers seem to exist :(

Will keep trying - at least we have all the details now :)

Andy

Just saw this thirty year old Mileage award for sale on ebay....so at leats we know they have been around for a long while.

i-1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom