High mileage c32

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ice643

Hi,
i have seen a 2003 c32 with over 200k, what do you think the car should be priced.The seller wants 3k.It has service history upto 140k.
Rust on the rear arches.
Thanks

So that is a possible 60k miles without a service?

Move on..........its a money pit in the making.

That's expensive. I consider my c32 mint without rust and I'd be lucky for 4-5k with 80k on the clock? It's always garaged.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Here's mine:

I paid £5k for it with 80k on the clock. Previously owned by my father with oil changes every 6K and a good history.

Do you have a picture of the one you are looking at?

6q861h.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine:

I paid £5k for it with 80k on the clock. Previously owned by my father with oil changes every 6K and a good history.

Do you have a picture of the one you are looking at?

6q861h.jpg

Your C32 is exceptional Ryan. Big difference between yours and a 200k miles one with unknown history for the last 60k.

He has serviced it himself,i also offered him 1-1.5k but he refused.

He'll struggle to sell it. It could be a peach, but once neglected they can be incredibly expensive to make good again, and so buying it would be a leap of faith at any price.

Keep looking if you really want one, good examples to come up for sale. They're really wonderful cars, and worth holding out for the right one.

Biggest expense on mine was replacing the charge cooler. Luckily I knew someone at Mercedes and got a decent price.

Also check rocker cover gaskets and glycol contamination in gearbox.

I've had the new radiator put in on mine and did a full ATF flush

Biggest expense on mine was replacing the charge cooler. Luckily I knew someone at Mercedes and got a decent price.

Also check rocker cover gaskets and glycol contamination in gearbox.

I've had the new radiator put in on mine and did a full ATF flush
How much are the charge coolers on them?.
Thanks f

bid him based on the service and condition, drive it and thoroughly inspect the car the weigh up the risk/pros and cons

It'd be unlikely for it not to have some form of service in 60k imho

bid him based on the service and condition, drive it and thoroughly inspect the car the weigh up the risk/pros and cons

It'd be unlikely for it not to have some form of service in 60k imho[/QUO
He has told me he serviced it himself,he has had the car for 5years.

Has he got proof of receipts for the services he has done? I.e oil, filters, etc?

If not i wouldnt pay 500quid for it, could cost you 2k easily in a week.

Has he got proof of receipts for the services he has done? I.e oil, filters, etc?

If not i wouldnt pay 500quid for it, could cost you 2k easily in a week.
Hes saying he has them, but i doubt if hes going to budge on price.
I think its worth a grand at most,also i think my head is saying leave it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom