High mileage E class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ase1975

Car
E class 250 amg
Hi,

New to this site and the first Mercedes I have owned. Bought an E250 AMG with 200k on the clock. It is a 2014 and was always used as a chauffeur car. Interior is in mint condition and runs pretty good too. Anyone got any advice on what to look out for or check given the distance it has gone.

Thanks in advance

A

Check if ATF needs changing. Get it on STAR (Mercedes diagnostics) at an independent which will flag most issues (if any) - post where you live and someone will recommend an indie

Welcome to the forum:thumb:
200k is a fair mileage to cover in 5 yrs.
I'd want to check that servicing has been carried out as required (every 12months or 10k miles, whichever is soonest)
Check the ATF has been changed at least a couple of times and if it hasn't , book it in at a good MB independant. Avoid main dealers now the warranty has expired.
I'm asuming its diesel? if not, check the plugs have been changed and I'd get an indy to give it a thorough inspection of the suspension and steering components due to mileage.
Looked after and serviced correctly your car is good for another 200k

Last edited:
Welcome!

Check for the correct number of gearbox fluid changes, other than that the MOT history and service records should help determine what has been replaced and what might need looking at.

Subframe bushes might well be getting tired as will damprs if not changed. If you let us know where you are based I am sure members will be able to recommend good local independents.

Presumably E250 CDI (Diesel), i.e. not Petrol?

Thanks for the replies so far, she has had full mb servicing through warranty and reputable servicing after. What is the AFT ?

I’m birmingham based

MSL Performance are highly recommended and they complete routine servicing as well as tuning/modifications.

What’s a rough cost for an ATF change...??

Finally for tonight any advice on tyres. Need a full set... wider on the back than the front... hearing people complain about excessive wear on the amg 18 inchers??

Finally for tonight any advice on tyres. Need a full set... wider on the back than the front... hearing people complain about excessive wear on the amg 18 inchers??

This is very much a personal choice. I’d recommend Continental/Goodyear etc.

This is very much a personal choice. I’d recommend Continental/Goodyear etc.
Ditto

I have Goodyear F1 265/35/18 on the rear and 245/40/18 on the front. Quiet, comfortable and with good grip and wear.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3's if you want something decent in the mid range price wise. Goodyear or Michelin if you are looking higher mileage in the premium range seem to work for people.

I had very good experience with Dunlop Sport BluResponse, bought 3 sets so far, great tyre, good reviews, very reasonable price - only problem is that they don't make them in all sized, I couldn't get them for the wife's Suzuki Vitara for example.

My local indy looks after a 2013 C class C250 cdi with 450K on the clock, says it runs perfect and only ever services it for the owner..
ATF fluid change is a must to keep the auto box working as it should.

Lol 450k that’s like amazing I’m going to get the ATF done and put some fresh tyres on her.. I also posted about the Calipers on the front and whether the black plate is replaceable these are the ones with Mercedes Benz printed on them.

Ditto

I have Goodyear F1 265/35/18 on the rear and 245/40/18 on the front. Quiet, comfortable and with good grip and wear.
+1 for the Goodyears I have the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom