High water repellent coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
I was originally thinking of getting Kamikaze Overcoat applied with insane water beading and pearl formation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBEpP9XgCU [video time 2.19min]

But their sister product Kamikaze Infinity Wax almost has NO beading at all, almost totally water repellent with no need to dry after washing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQ9QDT4hl0 [video time 1.29min]
- you will notice the square patch which was treated

What is the best advice for trying something like this?

Borrow someone's car to practice on?

£100 a pot? And how small!

Tony.

Have a search for Gtech Exo water beading is amazing, used on both mine and the good ladies car

Clean Your Car are running down their stock of Kamikaze...suggestions of poor support, packaging etc. Heard another retailer will be stocking though...

Ok, I have a car to practice on. What should I go for?

I like the Kamikaze stuff from the video. Should I fall on my sword and order some, or is there some other advice out there.

I don't mind if the process to apply is slow - I like cleaning my cars.

Ok, I have a car to practice on. What should I go for?

I like the Kamikaze stuff from the video. Should I fall on my sword and order some, or is there some other advice out there.

I don't mind if the process to apply is slow - I like cleaning my cars.

Try the overcoat first, seems easy to apply when wet and is much cheaper?

Anyone tried Gyeon Wetcoat? Absolutely brilliant stuff for leaving a very quick hydrophobic coating.

You wash your car and rinse, then spray a panel with Wetcoat and rinse off (ideally with a pressure washer). The water activates the product and you'll go from no beading to the equivalent of a fresh coat of wax instantly.

This was the beading on my other half's Ford Focus which had only been cleaned by the local hand car wash so water on the paintwork was totally flat....

Wetcoat%201_zpsbfojxm55.jpg

Wetcoat3%201_zpssxkyzcbu.jpg

Amazing for a quick application product and a great addition to any last stage product you may already have on your car.

that stuff looks awesome. Living in an apartment I just dont have the facilities to do a proper wash all the time on my car. That looks quick and easy!

It really is very quick and easy. The chap who detailed my CLS for the previous owner shows me it.

Heading probably lasts 4 weeks or so but I find if I apply it ever 3-4 washes drying the is so much easier! I use it to top up the protection on my cars but imagine if would work on its own as well.

I got my Jag detailed by a local who done a really good job, he used CQuartz on the paint after a 2-stage polish and it beads like crazy, also sheets water really well which aids drying the car off after washing. Also as its polished really well, the finish is just a mile deep.

I'm very interested in the Kamikaze Artificial Clear Coat and the sealant to go along with it for the CL. Considering it hasn't been polished it has very minimal swirls so I think this will work well as a filler and with the sealant or the wax on top should look good enough for the Summer season.

It really is very quick and easy. The chap who detailed my CLS for the previous owner shows me it.

Heading probably lasts 4 weeks or so but I find if I apply it ever 3-4 washes drying the is so much easier! I use it to top up the protection on my cars but imagine if would work on its own as well.

Thanks for the tips, I'll grab some and give it a go. Been using Demon shine but always fun to try new stuff.

Thanks for the tips, I'll grab some and give it a go. Been using Demon shine but always fun to try new stuff.

It'll really kick Demon Shine's butt haha. I have used that as a drying aid before and it's not bad by any means.

But Wetcoat was a real, 'Wow' moment as it goes from zero beading to really good with literally one spray and rinse.

To dry the roof of my car, I literally lay the drying towel on the roof and pull it lightly across the panel leaves it pretty much dry. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom