Highest Miles I've seen in a long time - W 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
One of the moderators on the 190 forum has a 300td that has over 400.000 on the clock. A large amount of that clocked up using filtered waste veg oil.

Thats impressive mileage, i had a w124 260e which had done 175k, drove really well

If only they could sell cars by the number of times they'd been started rather than miles covered!

My next stop is 600,000 km on my original engine in a 124 230E. Amazing how much is still original.
KJ

We have a customer whose W220 S class has just turned 400,000! Its still in daily use.

There's a 250D for sale just round the corner from me in Cyprus with 574,000 miles on it (and yes that is miles not kilometres!). Plenty of 124s still being used as taxis here (123s too and even some older ones - W115?).

Highest W124 I've seen in the flesh was a 250td with 576,000miles. It was dead in most ways...

Highest Merc I've seen on the road in the uk is our old E320cdi (w210) with just under 700,000 miles. Apart from rust scabs it was still good.

Interestingly the owner who racked up the first 600,000miles was a chauffeur between Bournemouth and London, doing several runs a day.
He changed to an w211 E270cdi and he didn't even manage 300,000 miles before it was beyond economical repair.
I'm interested to see how he gets on with the W212.

Highest W124 I've seen in the flesh was a 250td with 576,000miles. It was dead in most ways...

Highest Merc I've seen on the road in the uk is our old E320cdi (w210) with just under 700,000 miles. Apart from rust scabs it was still good.

Interestingly the owner who racked up the first 600,000miles was a chauffeur between Bournemouth and London, doing several runs a day.
He changed to an w211 E270cdi and he didn't even manage 300,000 miles before it was beyond economical repair.
I'm interested to see how he gets on with the W212.

I saw a 2001 W210 estate doing the Taxi run up the M40 last Thursday.

It looked perfect and was shifting. If that has been on the fleet for a while it must have done some serious mileage.
W210 are excellent mile munchers.

There was a 59 plate ex police BMW diesel estate in the yard at Brightwells yesterday, waiting for auction next week. It was listing 19 services (20k intervals?) and in the mileage box it had "Incorrect" :)

Jon

There was a 59 plate ex police BMW diesel estate in the yard at Brightwells yesterday, waiting for auction next week. It was listing 19 services (20k intervals?) and in the mileage box it had "Incorrect" :)

Jon

The Police don't let their cars go the full distance between services.

I've got an E39 530d ex police. The bodywork is terrible but the running gear has been exceptionally well maintained for a vehicle this age. I picked it up for £700 with a years MOT and Tax!!

221,000miles ish but feels like you could take a digit off the end of that!

Mercedes Benz E class diesel estate | eBay

I like the 'receipts as high as a small' table line! Same style as 'more extra's than Ben Hur'

Cheers,

Paul

I just thought I would offer an update on this after a friend purchased it!
It will stay local to Norfolk, being used as the chap's daily hack.

It genuinely has a FSH with servicing every 6,000 miles.

He has been running a manual 220TE with over 210,000 miles, so knows how good these cars are! :thumb:

Darren

Hi All

Thanks for mercboiuk for bringing this to my attention. I did indeed purchase the leggy 250td at the start of this post. I already own a well cared for 220te with leather and a manual box which is something of a rarity and is a real pleasure to own (she is a keeper). I bought this 250td as a daily driver (I know its 26 years old and all that....). However it isn't too bad actually. It is a little rough around the edges but all the services are done at 6000 intervals and it drives nice and tight. It isn't quick by any means but the 5 pot sings along and the gearchanges are smooth and slick. There are a few things to do electric windows on one side, boot motor and serious water leak from the top of the tailgate to name but a few. On the whole though she will do what I need and has character in spades. I have just spent today cleaning the interior after it was cleaned externally yesterday. For the money I cant really go wrong, the killer of this car will be rust eventually but I will try and keep her going. She doesn't smoke, she pulls well and is frugal with either diesel or veg oil. I'll update on here periodically if anyone is interested but MOT in July will be a milestone and then on to 400,000 miles :).Whats the worst that can happen? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom