Highish miles e55k 7 seater Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe Gav but not many people would want the hassle of breaking it.
In the misquoted words of someone probably famous.... Everything is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.

I'm hoping for 7ish, the market will tell me otherwise!

Breaking was carefully considered but ruled out on hassle factor grounds.

To be fair it’s a pretty honest advert. Not many ‘06 plate ‘55Ks either, just before the tax rise? :cool:

I wouldn’t be put off by the mileage, but then given the choice I’d rather take one with 50-100k less for similar money - more for resale than anything.

I sold my ‘04 E55K estate with 50k less miles for less than £7k, it was a high spec car, mechanically pretty sound and cosmetically good for its age/mileage, but then these old cars always need something doing to them - as Gav will attest to! :)

I think the cosmetics and the mileage on this one will unfortunately limit your market and the selling price - although I wish you the best of luck and appreciate the honest advert.

Could be worth sticking it in for an MOT too perhaps to give peace of mind to any potential buyers? :thumb:

To be fair it’s a pretty honest advert. Not many ‘06 plate ‘55Ks either, just before the tax rise? :cool:

I wouldn’t be put off by the mileage, but then given the choice I’d rather take one with 50-100k less for similar money - more for resale than anything.

I sold my ‘04 E55K estate with 50k less miles for less than £7k, it was a high spec car, mechanically pretty sound and cosmetically good for its age/mileage, but then these old cars always need something doing to them - as Gav will attest to! :)

I think the cosmetics and the mileage on this one will unfortunately limit your market and the selling price - although I wish you the best of luck and appreciate the honest advert.

Could be worth sticking it in for an MOT too perhaps to give peace of mind to any potential buyers? :thumb:
Thanks Will

Good call on the MOT, will consider that for sure

If only I knew you’re was for sale at 7k! LPG E55 is what I need ASAP 😢

Ive seen it too Vick, It looked a very smart car car.

I had it on sale twice a year apart - first time I was being messed about by the garage I was buying my E63 from so I kept the ‘55K another year, then the following year I sold the E63 and bought another car and it had to go after that. By that point I couldn’t be bothered advertising it or waiting much longer so dropped it to £7k for a quick/hassle free sale. Being honest I thought it was worth a bit more, but then I hadn’t done a lot with it over the last year and it needed a couple of bits doing when I let it go, I didn’t see the point in spending out on it and didn’t have the free time so figured it was easier to sell it a bit cheaper and let someone else take it on :)

I think the mileage (150k ish) and the LPG put people off which is a pity as it ran really well on gas and gave fantastic fuel consumption, and the general condition of the car was no different to all the other 100k+ milers of similar age etc.

I don’t think that mine represents the market as a result, if I had £7k to buy another E55k estate regardless of mileage I don’t think I’d be able to find one similar for sale. £10k seems to be about the sweet spot for a decent example, obviously a few £k either way from higher mileage ones to garage queens etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom