Highish miles e55k 7 seater Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw that the other night as well. I'm not afraid of miles but not sure if that is getting too much or needs to be silly silly cheap maybe.

Miles aside it has rust where you don't want it and i know that is a slippery slope, the bumper is cracked, chipped, touched up and if the bumper is that bad the bonnet won't be much better (respray, window screen may be chipped to high heaven too) by the time you've finished getting it presentable you'd be up at what a better condition one would cost i'd guess.

No pictures of the engine bay stuck me as odd as usually displaying the engine is a bit of a selling point, i'm not keen on the wheels i don't think they suit the car, would have to go.

Love the E55 but even if this wasn't an AMG it would be a polite pass from me.

I can sense that Gav may want to rescue it though. :)

-Passenger door lower trim missing or is that just me?

I'm the seller, happy to talk to any potential buyers.

Yes, it's not pretty in places and its high mileage.

Happy to answer any questions on the forum rather than ebay, if its unclear about condition.

No engine bay shot - simple oversight. Happy to provide to any interested buyers.

Passenger door trim on lower door frame front and rear are present but not fitted. Broken fixings

Bumper definitely needs replacing, as stated in the ad

Happy to email/chat/phone with any potential buyers.

Cheers
Bryce

Happy to answer any questions on the forum rather than ebay, if its unclear about condition.

No engine bay shot - simple oversight. Happy to provide to any interested buyers.

Passenger door trim on lower door frame front and rear are present but not fitted. Broken fixings

Cheers
Bryce

Re bumper. I stated on ebay that it has "quite a few scars"

What I meant was "if it was up to me and my finance manager gave approval, I would replace the bumper "...!!

Hey BD E55,

Seeing as its a Forum car why not add it to the thread i started a while back, i think at the last count there are 14 e55k Estates on this Forum, not all 7 seater's either.

GLWTS btw :)

Hey BD E55,

Seeing as its a Forum car why not add it to the thread i started a while back, i think at the last count there are 14 e55k Estates on this Forum, not all 7 seater's either.

GLWTS btw :)

Happy to, although in the nicest possible sense I'm hoping it will only be there for another 5 days...

🙃

The tough thing about this car is that there is literally that much going against it (wheels, mileage, general condition) without even budgeting for the usual things that need doing that it’ll be interesting to see how much it ends up going for; I do like a challenge (and have been looking for a project funnily enough) but I’d suggest this’ll need that much spending on it that it would have to be a “keeper”.

The tough thing about this car is that there is literally that much going against it (wheels, mileage, general condition) without even budgeting for the usual things that need doing that it’ll be interesting to see how much it ends up going for; I do like a challenge (and have been looking for a project funnily enough) but I’d suggest this’ll need that much spending on it that it would have to be a “keeper”.

Its a challenge for sure! I bought it originally just for the experience of having a really quick car that could also do the family bus duty when needed. If people are looking for showroom condition and/or if originality is important then this one isn't for them.

If I could afford to keep it as a toy I definitely would, and would sort the rust (it's not much but needs stopping). Wheels are personal taste so perfectly understand if some people don't like them.

Happy to chat further if you want.

Its a challenge for sure! I bought it originally just for the experience of having a really quick car that could also do the family bus duty when needed. If people are looking for showroom condition and/or if originality is important then this one isn't for them.

If I could afford to keep it as a toy I definitely would, and would sort the rust (it's not much but needs stopping). Wheels are personal taste so perfectly understand if some people don't like them.

Happy to chat further if you want.
I’m not aiming to be negative about your car, just talking in general terms really - part advice/part opinion.

Most buyers of E55K’s now tend to be “enthusiast” types who, on the whole, look for originality - you’ve got that in spades with the rust but not the wheels!😂

It’s too much for me to take on sadly, I’m looking for something that needs a *bit less*.

Good luck with the sale though.

I’m not aiming to be negative about your car, just talking in general terms really - part advice/part opinion.

Most buyers of E55K’s now tend to be “enthusiast” types who, on the whole, look for originality - you’ve got that in spades with the rust but not the wheels!😂

It’s too much for me to take on sadly, I’m looking for something that needs a *bit less*.

Good luck with the sale though.
Don't worry, its got plenty to be negative about, I'm a realist and accept that it is what it is.

Completely agree its an enthusiasts car...

870 views and 57 watchers on ebay as of 2 mins ago. Hopefully one of them actually places a bid...!!!

Cheers.

Cheers
Bryce

Hi BD E55 it's nice to have the seller on the forum.

Like SPX not trying to be negative about it more just stating the obvious (thinking out loud) and from the the pictures which you took with honesty showing warts and all which is refreshing.

As excited as i got when i saw the ad I wouldn't have the time or funds too give it the treatment it deserves.

I wish you a quick and painless sale though it has as much going for it as it does against it being "a bit of a Unicorn" to quote Gav when he bought his.

Hi BD E55 it's nice to have the seller on the forum.

Like SPX not trying to be negative about it more just stating the obvious (thinking out loud) and from the the pictures which you took with honesty showing warts and all which is refreshing.

As excited as i got when i saw the ad I wouldn't have the time or funds too give it the treatment it deserves.

I wish you a quick and painless sale though it has as much going for it as it does against it being "a bit of a Unicorn" to quote Gav when he bought his.
Thanks! I'm hoping the sale is painless, its painful enough having to say goodbye to it.

Don't worry, i don't take any comments as negative if they are true! It is what it is.

I personally hate buying a car to later find out someone was hiding something, so don't want to do that to others. Especially on Ebay where you are committing to buying without first inspecting.

Cheers
Bryce

Well Gavin is the expert on these,I like the fact that the member has shown the photos that give you a decent idea about the condition of the car,as he says just 12 running ,this will appeal to a person who wants a MB V8 that can load lug,as mentioned pity no picture of the engine bay,nothing like looking at the engine in these cars,I would expect it will sell,best of luck :)

Agreed the add has shown warts and all, tbf I quite like the wheels but then I have a different taste to quite a few peeps on here haha ,
As said originality is getting more important with these as they age which is why I was reluctant to modify mine. As said glwts :)

That’s a £5k car

It would break for twice that, though it would be a shame.

It would break for twice that, though it would be a shame.
Maybe Gav but not many people would want the hassle of breaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom