Highly Recommended - Prestige Car Service - Horndean.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt1e

Car
2012 E63s AMG + performance Pack
Hi all,

My E63 (2012 W212 5.5 bi-Turbo) had a bit of a rough run and stopped starting. My local mechanic said he didn't have the tools to take the engine apart as he suspected timing chain.
I scoured the local area for a decent suggestion to look at it and after LSH Mercedes Manchester quoted £120 first hour and £640 for approx. 5 hours thereafter, I decided to look further afield.
With a constant praise for Olly and his team at Prestige Car Service - Horndean, I called them, I spoke to Olly and he gave me the assurances I wanted. I hired a tow car and trailer loaded the Merc and travelled from Blackpool to near Portsmouth !...
I left the car with them, I got regular updates. It turned out to be as suspected the timing chain had jumped on a couple of the cams by a link or two. I was advised of the approximated 12-15 hours of labour and at a much more reasonable cost than LSH !!!!!
They dropped the engine out, had the heads off and checked the cylinders and tested the valves etc while they were off, a proper thorough check ! The Timing chain / tensioners were changed along with all relevant seals and gaskets.
I was advised that this had been a very very challenging and complex engine to work on.
Yesterday I hired a car and headed back down to Horndean, Olly specially opened up and met me (very decent of him). He gave me a coffee and talked me through what had been done by his team.

I drove the car home and within the first mile I could tell that the job was good. My son commented that the car was back to being scary fast again.
I am one very happy chap, having saved a fortune and found a set of mechanics that have the knowledge and ability to provide a quality all round service.
Thank you boys at Prestige Car Service, greatly appreciated.
Matt :D

I've owned 3 Merc's (S Class 320 CDI, CLK 320 CDI and C55 AMG) and all work was done by PCS, glad you had a great experience but not surprised.

Nice write up and glad your car is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom