Highway Robbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
So yesterday I'm making my weekly humanitarian aid visit to the North East (Monkton)....as I'm heading back down the A1(M) a message appears on dash....add 1 litre of oil at next refuel, initial panic "I'm out of oil" but it said at next refuel...calm down. I'm 20 miles short of Wetherby services (refugee camp) so push on and call in for a coffee after being fleeced at Costa daylight robbery I drive into the filling station and purchase 1 litre of 0W-40 as I dont want to risk driving with low oil level....paramedics required......after my heart has been restarted I cough up the £20.99 for Castrol Edge...the only 0W-40 oil they have, the shop assistant does not appreciate my saying you forgot to say stand & deliver!!!......whats this stuff made of :(
moral of the story.....buy your oil in advance and have a litre in the boot, then some guy in a mask wont be relieving you of your hard earned.

I've had a series of Range Rovers. So I always travel with 1 litre of oil and 1 litre of coolant. You just never know! :D

Well, the most I paid at a petrol station for oil was £14.99 for 1L Shell Helix Ultra... £20.99 is indeed expensive by any measure.

I wouldnt have panicked and carried on until you found somewhere cheaper... and a tip for you, never add the full litre otherwise it will probably tell you to remove some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom