Hirschmann 6000 3 and 4 wire versions What does the blue wire do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dougcsv

Car
'93 500SL, BMW 320d MSport, Ford Ranger, Bond Bug
My 500sl antenna was toast - or rather the electronic module was; I acquired another Hirschman 6000 to swap the module but the 'new' module is clearly a different design and has only three wires in the connector whilst the old one (pictured) has four. Both have Red, White and Black. the original one also has a Blue. I've installed it and it goes up and down with the radio on/off as you would expect. Anyone know what the blue wire is for ?

IMG_20201118_231714[1].jpg

That rings a bell... I had the same setup on my '94, and the same result when I replaced my aerial, which had four wires including the blue, with one having only three. I think the blue wire was a separate live feed to extend the antenna, but with the later three-wire setup this is not needed. It worked fine for me too with just the three wires; I'd not worry about it.

That rings a bell... I had the same setup on my '94, and the same result when I replaced my aerial, which had four wires including the blue, with one having only three. I think the blue wire was a separate live feed to extend the antenna, but with the later three-wire setup this is not needed. It worked fine for me too with just the three wires; I'd not worry about it.
Thanks much obliged - Good to know. I was pleasantly surprised when it worked....will place that in the 'fixed' pile and move onto all the other things - hydraulic roof seals next I think !!!

The blue wire was used when the cell phone option was installed, some sort of aux power or signal I think.

ISTR it was a switched live, so that would make sense.

I think from the old days, there was an option for aerial half up

The blue wire was used when the cell phone option was installed, some sort of aux power or signal I think.
Interesting....mine does have the little rf ? box with input for a phone. There are indications that an aftermarket phone/car kit was installed as there's the usual leftover the mic near the rear view mirror....havent found anything else. I guess the loom maybe was changed in later vehicles )mine is a late 1992 build. Also the controller board in the antenna looks of a newer design even though it is the same model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom