His Dad's going to kill him..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
His dad is a multimillionaire super car dealer and they have a history of being tools.

Doubt he gives a sh!t.

"I hope Hibbs and Hartley reflect on what consequences their actions could have had“

Nah. Carl is a knob and he doesn’t give a flying verb. The fact than he ran away (pooped himself) to probably wake up daddies lawyer tickled me.

Tom jnr has the brains.

No right that one was sentenced and the other not..
Just goes to show money talks!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Although the “other guy” could have done something more dangerous, the article doesn’t really give enough detail to conclude.

Considering the evidence regarding their racing style of driving I don't imagine the insurance will pay out to either.

Last edited:
Considering the evidence regarding thier racing style of driving I don't imagine the insurance will pay out to either.
Indeed. Most policies have a clause about 'racing'.

It would probably be very difficult to prove they were racing each other as opposed to the usual dangerous / due care type convictions so I doubt the insurance wouldn't pay out.

They probably have enough money not to care either way.

It would probably be very difficult to prove they were racing each other as opposed to the usual dangerous / due care type convictions so I doubt the insurance wouldn't pay out.

They probably have enough money not to care either way.

Aside from witness accounts, that can't be considered to be expert, but add weight to the racing theory.
2 cars of v high performance meet on a roundabout and both are destroyed in spectacular fashion, indicating v high speed. Both are prosecuted at the same trial.
Even if both weren't known to each other it looks like they were both travelling at speed onto the roundabout, that seems like racing.

Insurance companies will have a legal team on tap and in this style of claim/s I would expect them to reject the claim causing the claimants to demonstrate that they weren't racing.
Any challenge to the rejected claim isn't going to enjoy much sympathy and only gets expensive for the claimant/s.

But you might be right, especially if each tries to claim from the other as a 3rd party to the event. I suppose that'd be worth a try, te he.

Aside from witness accounts, that can't be considered to be expert, but add weight to the racing theory.
2 cars of v high performance meet on a roundabout and both are destroyed in spectacular fashion, indicating v high speed. Both are prosecuted at the same trial.
Even if both weren't known to each other it looks like they were both travelling at speed onto the roundabout, that seems like racing.

Insurance companies will have a legal team on tap and in this style of claim/s I would expect them to reject the claim causing the claimants to demonstrate that they weren't racing.
Any challenge to the rejected claim isn't going to enjoy much sympathy and only gets expensive for the claimant/s.

But you might be right, especially if each tries to claim from the other as a 3rd party to the event. I suppose that'd be worth a try, te he.

I'd guess that racing would need to be an organised event to allow for exclusion.

I've definitely read the small print in my insurance policies historically and it always has the section in there, as you state DFG, about organised race, rallies, 'pacemaking' etc. but never anything about racing on the road I don't think.

So unless the policy wording states "if we think you are racing on the road you are fooked", I guess it's either tough TTs or as you state M80, a court case...

I just remember the case of that guy with the Lambo who was blatantly showing off in it and spanked it hard after losing it.

The insurance company would probably pay out because there was no clause to define what "showing off" was.

Would an insurer pay out for the Lamborghini crash caught on camera? | This is Money

So I am thinking this could be the same scenario.

The only reason this incident is drawing attention is due to the type of vehicles involved. Incidents like these happen all the time but don’t get reported because nobody could give two hoots about little Johnny in his Vauxhall Nova :cool: but because it involves ‘super cars’ everybody gets a little fatty on :eek:

Young and negligent reckless drivers maybe in combination with drugs or alcohol are they most dangerous on the roads.
Driving fast cars and racing on public roads, stupid behavior!
One day these reckless drivers will injure or kill someone.:eek:

Young and negligent reckless drivers maybe in combination with drugs or alcohol are they most dangerous on the roads.
Driving fast cars and racing on public roads, stupid behavior!
One day these reckless drivers will injure or kill someone.:eek:[/QUOTE

Don’t isolate the young. Driving over the prescribed limit or under the influence of drink/drugs is committed by all ages groups.

Don’t isolate the young. Driving over the prescribed limit or under the influence of drink/drugs is committed by all ages groups.

I'd guess that racing would need to be an organised event to allow for exclusion.
'Competition and performance driving

If you engage in any drag racing, rallying, speed testing, speed trials or driving on a motor sport circuit then most insurers won’t cover you for any injury caused to yourself or your vehicle.'

Hmmm... not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom