His Dad's going to kill him..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don’t isolate the young. Driving over the prescribed limit or under the influence of drink/drugs is committed by all ages groups.

Young people have not always fully developed their consequence thinking about what is wrong vs right.
Of course there are people with different age using drugs or alcohol then drive their cars not thinking they are possible lethal weapons.
Elderly people with different illness are also risky drivers, they are not always aware of everything?

Thread was about young reckless drivers, these stupid youngsters could have injured or killed bystanders or other drivers when they decided to race on public streets.
Their licenses should be revoked permanently!

As a director of a car dealer, he was probably driving on a motor trader's policy, so the terms and conditions will probably be slightly different from those on our normal policies.

As a director of a car dealer, he was probably driving on a motor trader's policy, so the terms and conditions will probably be slightly different from those on our normal policies.
I believe that Trade plates only cover test-driving the car or other activity relating to the motor trade? They are no valid for a night out etc.

Trade plates and a trade policy are different.

How can the insurance not pay out?
Two cars have crashed into each other.
The fact they are super cars is irrelevant.

In most cases where two cars crash, more often than not one is driving fast/dangerously/without due care etc.

No excuse for the drivers, but just because they happen to crash nice fast cars doesnt mean everything.

How can the insurance not pay out?
Two cars have crashed into each other.
The fact they are super cars is irrelevant.

In most cases where two cars crash, more often than not one is driving fast/dangerously/without due care etc.

No excuse for the drivers, but just because they happen to crash nice fast cars doesnt mean everything.

I am not saying that these two lads were indeed 'street racing'... I do not know.

But just to say that the advice found online suggests that insurers won't pay for damage arising from street racing. E.g. here:

Car Insurance Exclusions | When Insurance Won't Pay | finder UK

'...Unsurprisingly, you also won’t be covered if your claim arises because you were participating in street racing, or driving recklessly (donuts, burnouts and the like).'

But, again, whether the insurer will tray and claim that the drivers were 'racing' on this occasion - as opposed to 'just' driving without due care or attention - I do not know.

My point is more along the lines of.

Because these were loud noisy supercars, people have said they were racing(they probably were), but I find it's more of a jealously thing because they are silver spoon kids.
People accusing and hoping the insurance wont pay up is bad craic.

We all like our flash cars and occasionally give them a bit, one or two of us will come unstuck.

I find media in all its forms is judge jury and prosecutor with knowing all the facts.

That all said they were probably racing :D

My point is more along the lines of.

Because these were loud noisy supercars, people have said they were racing(they probably were), but I find it's more of a jealously thing because they are silver spoon kids.
People accusing and hoping the insurance wont pay up is bad craic.

We all like our flash cars and occasionally give them a bit, one or two of us will come unstuck.

I find media in all its forms is judge jury and prosecutor with knowing all the facts.

That all said they were probably racing :D

I don't think it's about jealousy for supercars. It's about noise and looks. The average Joe, or Joanna, cannot recalibrate their brain. So they would say that a Lambo or AMG or whatever doing 40 was doing 70. Same with bikes. Observers always overestimate their speeds - except for the nice young cop who put 62 in a 50 on my ticket instead of the 66 on his gun. Got me onto the course without points or a fine. It pays to be polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom