His n Hers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our FD has a CLK280 on a 58 plate.

She bought it 2 years ago and I am not aware of any mechanical issues.

All the stuff she has had to do has either been routine or her own fault/3rd party fault.

Been very reliable it seems.

Not my house, no.1 daughter and son in law's.
Picky taken at the end of May.
Hole in roof fixed and Wisteria now on it's second flowering. Been on the house for many many years.

Need to know the exact model to comment on any potential problems. Nice colour. They are pretty reliable and share many components with their saloon counterparts.

Bit slow on the uptake. Just been to collect the SL having had a new roof fitted.

The model in question is CLK 280 with AMG bits and command. She specifically did not want a Black or Silver car so the search took a bit longer than usual. Obtained a good price for her CLK 230 on 51 plate and was very pleased with the deal. Ex Mercedes + 1 owner.

Bit slow on the uptake. Just been to collect the SL having had a new roof fitted.

The model in question is CLK 280 with AMG bits and command. She specifically did not want a Black or Silver car so the search took a bit longer than usual. Obtained a good price for her CLK 230 on 51 plate and was very pleased with the deal. Ex Mercedes + 1 owner.

It's a lovely colour :thumb:

CLK 280 pretty much bullet proof. Spark plug change [ they are long life so don't need to be changed often] can be expensive 12 plugs- 2 per cylinder +labour As a convertible be meticulous about handling the soft top mechanism as any repairs/adjustment can be expensive. Otherwise nothing much.

How come your youngest daughter ends up with a newer MB than her old man ?:dk:

Youth of today, little understanding of fine vintage :D (says the 30yo who has been tooling around in the SL since his early 20's...)

Thanks Grober. :thumb: Been on my hols so only just reconnected.
Knew about the spark plugs as I have the same issue with the Jag.
Reassuring:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom