Hissing When Accelerating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza0210

Car
2009 E350 Coupe CDI Sport
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 C207 E350 Cdi.

Just a quick question, When I rev the engine the car revs normally but once I take my foot off the accelerator I get a 'sssssssssss' sound as the revs drop off. It almost sounds like a dump valve but is more of a hiss than a 'pssst'.

Is this normal ??

Have you checked the glovebox for one of these?

hissing-garter-snake-gwyneth-cheeseman.jpg

On a more serious note have you had a poke around your air intake system and turbo to see if all the hoses are secure/free of splits and cracks?

Thanks for the help so far,

Could an Alternator clutch cause a whistling sound?

This is my first ever diesel and don't know what sounds normal and what don't.

:)

When you blip the throttle the alternator cannot decelerate as quickly as the engine does so, an over-run clutch is fitted. If you have someone blip the throttle and watch the drive belt you will see it thrash about a bit and the alternator pulley will slip on the belt.

When you blip the throttle the alternator cannot decelerate as quickly as the engine does so, an over-run clutch is fitted. If you have someone blip the throttle and watch the drive belt you will see it thrash about a bit and the alternator pulley will slip on the belt.

Thanks mate,

I'll have a look in the morning and report back.

Hissing and whistling are not the same sounds.Usual turbo pipe split is the pipe on the right as u face the engine thats hissing noise.Take the belt off and check the pulley,should lock up clockwise and turn anticlockwise if not turning anticlockwise pulley is seized thats yr whistling noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom