History in 2 Minutes!......Stunning watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting how Stonehenge (build started 2600BC) comes quite a bit before the pyramids (build start date of 2700BC iirc) - and they show images of a now discredited pyramid building technique.

Am I nitpicking? :p

Yes.... But you know your history I'll give you that....... All aside it's a great attempt to display our moment on Earth don't you think?

There's quite a lot that's chronologically out of order, and of course the relative time spans are completely out of scale. But I don't think it matters. I enjoyed it - thank you.

Indeed - though again nitpicking it does follow a slightly non-linear timeframe.

For example - big bang to earth's creation took a fairly small chunk of the video (13bn years or so) compared to the last 50 years or so. Then again, there aren't that many pictures from the big bang "era" :p

Quite liked the Zelda bits, and chuckled at adam & eve's placement after most of the humans were around (assuming that was Adam & Eve - I'm not that up-to-date on religious imagery).

Would be interesting to do something similar for cars (or mercs) from the early steam powered prototypes to the soulless clones found nowadays.

Last edited:
I might have blinked, but did I miss WW1

Agreed the ending was pants and the image capture is not totally chronologically correct but it does manage to display a part of history we think we know and some we actually know. I think a factual construction of history would be a few hours long, not two minutes.

"History in 2 Minutes!......Stunning watch!"

Misleading thread title - i was expecting to see a Rolex...

I wish I could have got the study of history licked in 2 minutes, as my degree course involved a horrible burden of 7 hours a week of lectures and tutorials. Slave-driving it was.

I wish I could have got the study of history licked in 2 minutes, as my degree course involved a horrible burden of 7 hours a week of lectures and tutorials. Slave-driving it was.

Do I detect the start of a Monty Python "you think you 'ad it 'ard" thread?

I did have to get up for a 9am lecture once a week and it was in the grim north.

Talk about shoot the messenger.... Personalty i thought it was a well scripted, albeit brief compilation displaying some of the main elements of Earth's history.

Some evolution and some historical but none are matter of fact other then what we have witnessed in our brief lives.

That chap must have spent hours on Wikipedia finding those images......I hope its not his/her History disertation :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom