History of SL350

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Jules Guildford, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Jules Guildford

Jules Guildford New Member

Car:
    Mercedes E Class Estate
    I've been told that the original SL350 (2001?) is a bit under-powered and subject to noise/leaks from the folding metal roof (apparently an issue with all first generation sl's with this feature?). I was recommended to look at the updated sl350 (not the current model) but I'm unable to trace exactly which models these are. Does anyone have an idea of the model suffix that may denote this such that when I perform a search I can be sure i'm seeing the updated model with slightly increased horsepower and, hopefully, a better performing roof etc?

2. jonnymerc

jonnymerc Active Member

Car:
    W204 C CLASS SALOON AMG SPORT PLUS AND A220 AMG LINE HATCHBACK AUTO 190 HP 2019
    Hi Jules welcome to the forum :thumb:

3. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    Neither 350 will be underpowered.

Originally the engine was a 3.7 then later become a 3.5. The 3.5 was quciker and more efficient

1 person likes this.
  4. MicB

MicB MB Enthusiast

Car:
    MB SL500 (R230) 2003, MB SLK320 (R170) 2001, Volvo V70 XC AWD 2001
    Hello and welcome.....if you can afford to target an '04 car or later you should minimise the chances of wheel arch corrosion and the water ingress problems to which you refer. The engine will always be adequate in the real world whichever one you get......condition and provenance are the things that matter.

Mic

1 person likes this.
Tags: