Hitchikers Guide to the galaxy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Has anyone seen it yet? Is it any good? Some of the clips look good - but not sure about Marvin :crazy: Daughter Dear is wanting us to go and see - need to manage my expectations up front :p

I really want to see it, but Marvin isn't a cute white robot in my mind, he is the big bulky grey thing in the BBC series and the voice is much lower and deeper than Alan Rickmans's and I wonder if he will manage to ham up the performance like he normally does ?

Stephen Fry is a good choice for the guide.

This link is a good bit of fun, but the screensavers are on the boring side :

Webby

I saw it last weekend and it was excellent.

I've listened to nearly all of the radio series, I've read a couple of the books and I'm happy that the film has been made in a way that's in-keeping with the stories.

It's that image of Marvin that I have. As you say Mozzer not a cute round cuddly robot at all.

Glad you enjoyed it Nick - so that's one for :D

...and one against - went to see it tonight and (sorry Shude) what a load of rubbish - will not buy it on DVD and will not go and see the restaurant at the end of the universe (or any of the others) - I was afraid that I was old school and tonight I proved myself right.

ABSOLUTE TOSH :mad:

Last edited:
I saw it last w/end and thought it was superb. The rest of the group who saw it with me didn't like it. I think it all depends on weather you've read the book or not. If you've read the book, you will understand more of the jokes/puns...
Michele

Spinal said:
I saw it last w/end and thought it was superb. The rest of the group who saw it with me didn't like it. I think it all depends on weather you've read the book or not. If you've read the book, you will understand more of the jokes/puns...
Michele

I've read all of the books and re-read them all earlier this year as a refresher and IMHO the film is sadly lacking.

Unless I am the only one on this forum, in which case I will go back and watch it again under much duress, I think this film is going to split the Douglas Adams fans straight down the middle.

Highlights for me were :

1 - Marvin shooting the point of view gun at the vogons
2 - Slartibartfast (Nighy nailed it)
3 - Eddy Izzard's cameo (the whale)
4 - The end credits. :(

Would be interested in other's points of view as they go and see it - maybe its just me :confused:

I read all the books and heard the radio series the first time round and loved it. I bought the book again as a refresher and thought it was all just OTT and so I cant even be bothered to see the film:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom