Hitler's Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Just a short Video on Hitler's re-discovered Mercedes
[YOUTUBE]uDI_Els-myo[/YOUTUBE]

Someone's nicked the star!

Suicide doors too, how appropriate.

Is it very wrong of me to say how much I really really would like to stand in a car like that doing the hand gestures?

Just leave these here ;)

mercedesbenzn1.jpg

3f851eb49511c09688d3929d2955f79a.jpg

c02d2fb833113a985dba2a8ea7cc2b29.jpg

DB (daimler benz) engines featured in many Nazi warplanes. Hugo Boss designed Nazi uniforms, Bosch and Krupp both used slave labour to build military equipment (how's your coffee tasting right now?)

Mercedes used 40,000 slaves during WW2....

Someone's nicked the star!

Suicide doors too, how appropriate.

Is it very wrong of me to say how much I really really would like to stand in a car like that doing the hand gestures?

Just fire off a few in any case Charles - when people look at you in shock and horror just tell em if it's good enough for the Queen then it's good enough for me.... :):)

DB (daimler benz) engines featured in many Nazi warplanes. Hugo Boss designed Nazi uniforms, Bosch and Krupp both used slave labour to build military equipment (how's your coffee tasting right now?)

It's unfortunately an inescapable part of the marque's history but one I imagine today's Daimler AG would not wish us to dwell on! ;)

...and IBM built electro-mechanical data management systems for the Nazi government and the German Army.

Strange but true.

And OPEL as part of the General Motors Corporation continued throughout World War 2 to forward profits to their parent company in the USA via J P Morgan in New York. Profits took a bit of a dive in 1944 when allied bombers mainly in the shape of the USAF bombed the sh*t out of the Rüsselsheim and Brandenburg plants. To add insult to injury the Russians nicked the entire Brandenberg commercial vehicle plant and shipped it to the Urals. They also demanded all the tools jigs and dies for the Opel Kadet as war reparations. This car [ DISPUTED BY THE RUSSIANS] was to resurface a year later as a Moscovich 400.
Business is business and To the Victor go the Spoils seem apposite.

See what you think?
OPEL KADET
Opel_Kadett_1938.jpg

MOSCOVICH

1280px-Museum_of_Moscow_-_Proviantskie_Sklady_-_Moskvich_400.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:
One of the things that impressed me during my 5-hour trip through the Mercedes-Benz Museum last November was, the complete honesty of the exposition with regards to the role the company and its management played before and during the WWII.

Ironic how we look at history. A few years back, the leaders of the world apologised for the slave trade that happened back in the 18th century, yet that very trade has changed our world. After all, the likes of Danny Glover, Eddy Murphy, President Obama and many other prominent American Blacks would not exist if slavery had not been about.

Even the Second World War changed Europe. For every action there is a reaction. And not all evil is bad. War may be a bad thing, but out of it comes good, such as a new social set up that is designed to engineer peace.

The fact that the German army executed over 6 million Jews does not deter me from buying German, because that is history. It happened. We survived. We move on.

In fact, thanks to war, we often, as a race, advance more in these situations than we do during peace time. The first man on the moon was directly related to the German rocket program of WWII.

I drink coffee and wear cotton.

Ironic how we look at history. A few years back, the leaders of the world apologised for the slave trade that happened back in the 18th century, yet that very trade has changed our world. After all, the likes of Danny Glover, Eddy Murphy, President Obama and many other prominent American Blacks would not exist if slavery had not been about.

Even the Second World War changed Europe. For every action there is a reaction. And not all evil is bad. War may be a bad thing, but out of it comes good, such as a new social set up that is designed to engineer peace.

The fact that the German army executed over 6 million Jews does not deter me from buying German, because that is history. It happened. We survived. We move on.

In fact, thanks to war, we often, as a race, advance more in these situations than we do during peace time. The first man on the moon was directly related to the German rocket program of WWII.

I won't say any more than this: I for one do not like the general tone of your post.

Last edited:
That car should be sunk in the deepest part of the deepest ocean.
In its place in the museum can be installed artefacts from the concentration camps which would serve as a more accurate representation of Hitler's mindset.

After all, the likes of Danny Glover, Eddy Murphy, President Obama and many other prominent American Blacks would not exist if slavery had not been about.

Yeah and remind me to thank the Japanese for testing the A bomb for us.

Obama's mum was white and his dad was from Kenya, so I'm not sure where the slave trade link comes in there...

The German Army didn't execute 6 million Jews.

The death camps were run by the SS and most atrocities in the field were carried out by the Einsatzgruppen which was a branch of the SS and completely separate from the Wehrmacht.

For some reason I am usually suspicious of new members who jump straight in to the more inflammatory threads within their first month and have lots to say from the outset.
It makes me wonder if they are simply experienced forum users, joined here with an agenda or are returning/experienced members under a new name.

It makes no difference to me either way but it does stick out from the normal - whatever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom