HK sound settings in engineering menu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
I had a look in the engineering menu today and could not find any settings for adjusting the HK sound system

Is this located elsewhere?

I'm hoping there is an adjustment to the subwoofer, as it's definitely lacking output.

I have tried via the normal command settings to up the bass, but have to crank it up to get any decent level, but this has a detrimental effect on the rest of the sound.

Thanks

Sorry to disappoint you but the HK system in the 212 is a pile of crap. It's an embarrassment

Bypass the Sub with an aftermarket by disconnecting it and using the connection on that instead.

Good shout! I must try that. Do you know how it is connected and how easy it is to disconnect?

Thanks

If its anything like my old W209s rear sub I simply disconnected it under the rear parcel shelf trim, spliced the cable and connected to an amp then the sub. however to another Amp maybe not nessicary.

Sorry to disappoint you but the HK system in the 212 is a pile of crap. It's an embarrassment

We can probably fix this for you. What specifically dont you like about it?

I have the HK system in my CL. Its not the best that I've ever had, but its alright.

I think dynamat will go a long way to make it better... My whole car vibrates with the bass so its essentially absorbing that 'punch' of the sound.

Can you work on it in Glasgow ???

I'm only kidding, we just press the loud pedal harder lol

Can you work on it in Glasgow ???

I'm only kidding, we just press the loud pedal harder lol

Errrr, no sadly we cant get that far.

If the car was down here in Surrey, then yes. Dynamat will improve the overall sound in the car but the HK system itself can be improved aswell.

Errrr, no sadly we cant get that far.

If the car was down here in Surrey, then yes. Dynamat will improve the overall sound in the car but the HK system itself can be improved aswell.

How do you improve the HK system Alfie?

Thanks

How do you improve the HK system Alfie?

Thanks

Replace the speakers and tweek the acoustics in the car. We have developed a range of replacements that work very very well and transform the sound in the car.

We also have a mod/fix we can do to some of the standard HK cars that fixes the sound issues in the amp.

Last edited:
Replace the speakers and tweek the acoustics in the car. We have developed a range of replacements that work very very well and transform the sound in the car.

We also have a mod/fix we can do to some of the standard HK cars that fixes the sound issues in the amp.

What are the sound issues in the amp Alfie?

What are the sound issues in the amp Alfie?

Some NTG4, NTG 4.5, NTg 2.5 HK amps are not running properly. We have a fix for this. :D

Characterised by the sound lacking depth or clarity.

Characterised by the sound lacking depth or clarity.

I think I may have this issue in the HK of my R231 SL .. is that possible?

Hello Alfie,

Is this a progammable option or do you have parts for this?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom