Hmm not convinced by George Fraser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olikea

Having taken my car in on the 20th June they seem to hold the car for serveral days, basically until the 28th June after which they had seemed to have done none of the work.

I am slightly dissapointed by the lack of information available, and I was told someone would ring me back serveral times, but as yet I have never been called by them.

When I went to collect the car there was also some confusion. They had done some minor work, so I was just given the car and keys, but I said that I hadn't paid the bill, and the guy who handed me the keys rudely said "give me back the keys" and promptly snatched them off me!

Back in reception it turned out they would not bill me until I had come back (!) and all the work had been done.

I am not going to say that the servicing is bad, but getting information out of them is like trying to get blood from a stone. They still haven't told me how much work has been done to the car.

And its only little things anyway, bits of missing trim, a couple of small dents in the bodywork.

I had hoped to get the car re-MOTed at the same time, not because it needs it, but because it would look good to any potential buyer, and frankly £40 on a car worth £10,000+ is fine, but I am not sure if I want to go through with the bother, as at this rate it will be the end of the summer before I sell it, and no one will be wanting a convertable!

I really dont know what to say.....I'm only wondering if you took the car to the right garage??? It definately was George Frasers right?

Everytime I get mine serviced at George's the work gets done same day, and I get a computer printout of everything thats been done and a complete breakdown of charges.

As for the MOT, did you ask for it to be done?

[very confused]

R u sure it was not an MB main dealer:confused:

In all honesty this does not sound like GF's. Every time i have taken a car to then the service has been Excellent.

May be they were having a do it the MB way day.....

Heh. Well it definately was GF.

It is possible my standards are too high. A couple of years ago we bought a new Toyota "Yaris". I have never seen such good customer service. Its only a little car, but they made us feel like we were buying a 50k car, it came with an umbrella and bottle of champaign. I know these things aren't expensive, but we didn't even ask for these things!

Then when it came to servicing they were astonishingly helpful. They offered a courtesy car, they brought the courtesy car round to our house, and picked up our car and took it to the dealers. And the total bill was only £67!

I think MB needs to take a lesson from Toyota, as I was absolutely astonished at the level of helpfulness and service on what is really quite a cheap car.

At the other end of the spectrum though is Ford, we have a Ford Puma, and the Ford dealers are positively rude. They ring up to tell you your treads running a little thing, and they sound like the Police, you feel like a criminal! And courtesy car? That meets with a roar of laughter.

Agreed the customer service at alot of MB Dealers is terrible, quite often its the ones owned by MB Retail that are the worst.

They are of the attitude that if you dont use us someone else will. Quite often these "someone elses" are car owners that if they recieve bad service from a maque will simply change brand. Its Mercedes devotees that suffer because we really want to stay with MB so we have to pu up or shut up.....

There are exceptions such as Tony Purslow's which i have used recently, they are great and they give the kinda service that you expect from MB. Another dealer that was great were Portman in Manchester sadly they are closing ( or have closed) the area being taken over by MB Manchester. Having chatted to some of the people at Portman they will not go to an MB run dealership because of the conditions they will have to work under and the way they will have to work.

Sorry for going on, this subject is a sore point with me as many will know.

Olikea

by what i understand GF is good for mechanical work, it sounds like youve given it in for parts which may have to be ordered and for bodywork, possibly you may have taken it to the wrong type of garage, they seem goo with the mechanical side of things, and thats where their expertise may lie, but as for bodywork i would suggest you went somewhere else!

just my opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom