Hmmmm, i feel a possible mod coming on

Do you think the grille will look cool ?

• Yep, i reckon it will ....

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Nope, i reckon it wont ....

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
I like this and am probably going to do it anyway ..... but ......

What does everyone think of the Avantgarde spec grilles for the pre-facelift W124 , before anyone says, i know it wont be OEM ;) but i can live with it ...

I have seen W124's (post-facelift) with the Avantgarde grille but not pre ....

Bear in mind it will be on a white car , so i reckon the extra chrome strips will work well ...

Last edited:
who ?

Janner has one on a post-facelift ......

Wow, i don't remember typing that ...... :eek:

Hmmmmm must be getting old ....

Just be careful where you buy it from, Antony's grill fell apart in his hands while he tried to fit it, the glue cracked or something. Two W210 avantgarde grills glued together! :)

I have the grill on my white 190e it dont look out of place,
i say buy it.

Ian, do you have a front end shot of your car ? are they 18's on it ?

Go for it Howard. I think the poll results speak for themself. Got that identical grille on my W202 (ebay special:D ) It will look good-Trust me, im a Merc driver.:bannana:

No there only 17s

Last edited:
ive done exactly the same mod on my 1992 w124 and it looks great, cant say too much about the quality of the grill as its just painted plastic and it breaks easily so you need to be careful. on the bright side my car's grill is still in one piece and definatley lifts the appearance on the front.

Go for it. If you don't like it, then simply put the old one back on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck,
John

Howard i think it will look good.

Howard said:
I like this and am probably going to do it anyway ..... but ......

What does everyone think of the Avantgarde spec grilles for the pre-facelift W124 , before anyone says, i know it wont be OEM ;) but i can live with it ...

I have seen W124's (post-facelift) with the Avantgarde grille but not pre ....

Bear in mind it will be on a white car , so i reckon the extra chrome strips will work well ...

Go for it, I have the same grille on my car and my mate has a white w124 coupe with that grille too and it looks great!

They do the grill in gray instead of black aswell, my friends got gray on his 190,if you dont like the black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom