HMRC want a billion off Bernie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Allegedly, he didn't give them all the fact when they came to an arrangement with him and so they are looking at getting a billion quid out of him.
They started digging after bribery allegations were dropped with a
'Ere yer 'onour, 'ow much to make it all go away then?

I don't like HMRC any more than any other honest taxpayer but today, I have my fingers crossed for them. If it goes their (our) way, the look on his face will be beyond price.

There's as much chance of me having a billion as Bernie paying the same to Revenue!

The tax affairs of the wealthy are always an eye opener.
Some years ago, one of the partners in an international law firm my wife worked for left some HMRC paperwork on the photocopier accidentally. It was found by an administrator earning a modest wage; she was aghast that the full and very senior partner was paying significantly less tax than her on PAYE.

"Mr Ecclestone has chosen to live in the UK, even though he could have lived and worked elsewhere, and he has always been content to pay UK taxes at whatever rate has applied."

The tax affairs of the wealthy are always an eye opener.
Some years ago, one of the partners in an international law firm my wife worked for left some HMRC paperwork on the photocopier accidentally. It was found by an administrator earning a modest wage; she was aghast that the full and very senior partner was paying significantly less tax than her on PAYE.

Personally speaking, I worry about my own tax affairs. The more I pay, the more I am taking home.
I enjoy living in this country and all that it brings me and gives me, and the price I pay fro that are my taxes. I'm happy with that.:D

"Mr Ecclestone has chosen to live in the UK, even though he could have lived and worked elsewhere, and he has always been content to pay UK taxes at whatever rate has applied."

Somehow, though, the rate at which he pays tax is overall much less than the rate at which most of us do so on our modest pittances...

However this ends, it won't be with Bernie handing over a billion to HMRC.

However this ends, it won't be with Bernie handing over a billion to HMRC.

It sounded like the opening move of a negotiation.

F1 really needs to ask questions of itself when it finds that it is hard to put a full fueld of racing cars on the grid and two teams falter that just the tax bill of the ringmaster could come to that sort of amount. It implies to me that an inappropriately huge amount of money is simply removed from the sport.

The absurdity of all of this is the current laws that exist are so complicated and open to interpretation that fundamentally any of it is difficult to enforce.

To be fair I bet you could throw him a fair distance, I would say the best technique would be the hammer throw.

Or from the top of a high building!

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom