Hobbies - What's Your Pleasure?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just growing old disgracefully ........

My hobbies used to be, drugs sex and rock 'n' roll, but then I grew up, got married had kids.

During those years the hobbies were non-existent, but as the kids have got older, I've managed to re-discover what it's like to have free time.

No I'm not back to drugs and sex and rock 'n' roll :rolleyes:

I now re-discovered playing guitar, I also ride my motorcycle (though I confess to being a fair weather rider) and maintain and tinker with both my bike and the Merc.

How about you?

Have just recently taken up cycling and an loving it. Have got a hybrid bike as it's not as hardcore as a road bike and I find the riding position more comfortable. Have done a couple of 35 mile rides around the villages where I live in kent but am off to stay in a little village in the Yorkshire moors next week and the bike is going with me.

How about you?

Have just recently taken up cycling and an loving it. Have got a hybrid bike as it's not as hardcore as a road bike and I find the riding position more comfortable. Have done a couple of 35 mile rides around the villages where I live in kent but am off to stay in a little village in the Yorkshire moors next week and the bike is going with me.

where you going? it'll be very hilly!:D

Well I'll own up to it. I am a serial Golfer. Working under the premise with golf of "if you are enjoying it? you are not doing it properly"

A life spent chasing that elusive hole in one. I get my first and only after a year of being in hospital and not playing golf.

Various DIY projects at home, just redecorated 2 rooms in the house, includes fitting new carpets and 2x fitted wardrobes (so much more room now).

Badminton and Ten Pin Bowling.

I'm surprised there is only one other golfer. [this one has never got close to a hole on one!!]

I have a very diverse set of hobbies that never seem to have enough time devoted to any of them.

Currently occupying a lot of our time is Geocaching as it gets us out and about and gives us things to do together.

Ive recently taken up golf as well :wallbash::dk::wallbash::bannana::wall bash:

Others include mountain biking, classic cars (restored my MGB GT), Photography, RC model flying, 4x4 off-roading and voluntary 4x4 response work.

Rosedale chimney is one of the steepest banks around! you'll be getting fit!
Beautiful area, about 20-30mins from where I live

Rock climbing when i'm not too busy or too lazy. Got the head for heights, but currently getting 'E' for effort!

Caricatures. Used to enjoy drawing portraits until someone commented theirs looked like a caricature.
Certainly takes my mind off work!

artguru.co.uk - Home

Used to be seriously into Hi-Fi, a proper box swapper, then discovered Meridian DSP speakers and thankfully stopped buying kit, I was at last content.

Ditched the whole home cinema thing, stopped calibrating displays etc. and bought a Sony LCD that is 'good enough' and now enjoy not fiddling.

Love my music, tends to be classical and jazz during the day, evening is more nu disco/indie stuff, and then my real passion..underground house. Still DJ occasionally, and spend far too much money on new tunes every week.

Was really into my photography, but sold my Leica when the M9 was announced and couldn't afford to get one when they released the price. :(
So sort of given up as the Nikons and Cannons left me cold.

So now it is really music, food and nice wines.

Simulation gaming, boxing, mma, weightlifting, cars and spending time with my family :rock:

Attachments

• 20150822_003926.jpg
    20150822_003926.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 32
Cars are definitely my main hobby. I currently have three cars that are my own, not including the family cars and the main money pit is my e46 m3 track car - it's definitely an expensive hobby upgrading the car bit by bit and I do about 1 track day a month.

Also I love F1 but other than trips to Montreal a few times I tend to watch on TV.

Also go to the gym at least about 4 times a week (but you wouldn't be able to tell :))

Dunc

Cars are my number 1 hobby really, love reading about them, learning about them etc. And of course driving them.

I've been training in Ju Jitsu for the last 3 1/2 years so that's up there as a hobby too.

Also I'm huge music fan. Have been into rock and metal since I was about 9 years old so at 33 I'm too old to grow out of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom