Hobbies - What's Your Pleasure?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As in my profile, Church going, bass playing old rocker..........

But I also have my JZR three wheeler, which I built in the last century, and still use and fettle regularly

I follow most forms of motorsport, though I have been fortunate to compete in circuit racing for the last few years at club level, horrendously expensive and addictive even at the budget end.
I don't race as much as I used to and keen to give something back to the sport, I am currently training to be a Clerk of Course for circuit racing. Poacher turned Gamekeeper

I used to build kit cars (3 to date) but have moved onto boats (plan was to buy, do up, sell to get a decent boat, which worked, but I didn't do as much of the sell bit as SWMBO would have liked), a wide range of shooting activities, diving & my bike.

Ice Hockey, played pro for a while.
Golf. Got my first ace 2 years ago after 20 years.
Used to keep both Marines and Trops.
Dogs, got 2 beautiful, if a bit mad Akitas.
Caravanning.
Tech, currently boring people with my Apple watch.
Haha

My mother is a huge Dance Music fan. At seventy, she has all the MOS Anthems, Kiss in Ibizia, et all...

People used to think it was my music collection.

Ice Hockey, played pro for a while.
Golf. Got my first ace 2 years ago after 20 years.
Used to keep both Marines and Trops.
Dogs, got 2 beautiful, if a bit mad Akitas.
Caravanning.
Tech, currently boring people with my Apple watch.
Haha

Two Akita's. Wow. Any pics please?

I also misread you comment. As you keep Marines and Troops as you running an army base. Sorry. My dyslexic brain.

I didn't even know people keep Akitas in this country :O

Have you guys seen the old Japanese movie Hachiko? Or the American remade Hachi A Dog's Tale. A must watch, but you'll probably cry.

Five Border Collies and a Collie x Papillon here. We compete at agility shows with them most weekends (hence the Vito, which is caged out in the back). We're both instructors too, and I judge and train/assess judges for the Kennel Club as well.

I've built & flown radio-controlled aircraft for 40 years, mostly fixed-wing but a few small helis and also multirotors for the last 5 years (since before they became 'drones' :rolleyes:).

I've enjoyed taking pictures since I was a kid in the '60s and have done aerial photography from r/c models on and off since the '80s.

Marine and tropical fish yeah haha.
I am Ex Navy, but I wouldn't want to keep any military sorts anywhere near me...
LOL

Here are a couple of pics, quite surprised to find I have got many recent ones on my phone actually, will have to put that right.

Both girls, both classed as American (American Akitas have the black face, Japanese have no black on them at all) The red one is BeauKita (Keets), her mum was Japanese and her dad was American. The cream one is TaiyoAkemi (Tay) her mum was pure white and her dad was a massive cream American. Contrary to popular belief, if they are trained and looked after 2 bitches can live side by side happily. Having said that Keets is so submissive and laid back she would live with anyone and anything as long as she got a daily cuddle!

They are both full of love and joy, but are fiercely protective. I pity the fool who tries to get past them to our youngest son! If you are introduced to them by us, so they know you are a friendly, you will be cuddled to death. :)
Top right is Keets with her 2 brothers Chi and Bear over for a play date.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 27
Hi.
Great films and books, amazing story.

The Vietnam war,, becoming an anorak now so glad I got the "new to me " MB to keep me distracted :D

I also like going around after dark taking underwear from ladies washing lines. I have a massive collection of female pants at my house now.

Cars are a given obviously;). My other passion is Triathlon. Made some serious improvements in the last year and there is nothing quite like beating someone 20yrs younger than you! Keeps the beer gut away as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom