Hola from Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liamski007

Car
E350 CDI (2009)
Hi all,

purchased an E350 CDI about 8 months ago with 101k on the clock. My first Merc after wanting one for years. Let's say I like the car but was not initially over-whelmed. I feel my previous 2009 Honda Accord was better ergonomically and more reliable. I have already changed an inlet port shut off motor and a Xenon headlight control unit (which I see from the service history was changed already about 4 years ago). I have decided though that I'm keeping it unless it starts giving me more hassle. I know old Mercs were good for 300k plus and I hope to be putting at least that on this motor...although that might be optimistic... 10 years at 20,000/year

Ciao for now

Good luck with your car, this is an excellent motor and hopefully will serve you well.

Regarding ergonomics, do you mean comfort wise?

There is already a thread running on this or the other forum regarding comfort.

Mercedes seats are very firm on purpose but once you get used to them they are excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Headhurts,

well, in summary:
1. the heater selection knob annoys me. It is not a quick action to push the heat to a hotter setting. If I hold the button it climbs slowly so I have to click it a number of times and keep looking down to see which 'number' I have selected. Also, the button itself must be pressed quite hard to actually select. I would prefer a 'wheel' action which would be much quicker and safer.
2. the seat heater also goes off after (I think) 8 minutes to a lower setting and keeps going lower. Also the seat is quite slow to heat. Also also the heating element in the 'bum' part of the seat does not work (which I know now to be a know problem with the 212). The element is not replaceable either so the only option is a new seat. My previous 10 year old Honda heated seats worked perfectly and got hot in no time.
3. the centre console sliding section does not slide sweetly...I have to pull it for the first section. It looks nice when closed but it's such a horrible experience closing it.
4. having the wiper control and indicator control all on one lever (for me) does not work well

I have other little nagging items that I have learnt to live with. There are many things about the car that I like but it's just not the 'premium' feel that I was expecting.

Hi,

Loughinisland, Co Down

Oh, the Renault12 was a great car btw.........I remember really sensitive brakes and also over-heating it to seize the engine trying to follow the Circuit of Ireland rally back in 1987

Oh, the Renault12 was a great car btw.........I remember really sensitive brakes and also over-heating it to seize the engine trying to follow the Circuit of Ireland rally back in 1987

9 years after I followed it in the same car. Wet liners too...ask me how I know.

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom