Holding Value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
I have been looking at the C63 so tempted to buy one but not yet. But one question I have is how come the drop in value, even on used ones is not as much as say the E63 or an S class.

How do they command a much higher price even secondhand. I would have thought having a 6.3l engine may have brought it down a bit due to fill up prices.

The cut in petrol prices is helping a lot. Lots of people with an urge to own either a C63 or a E/SL/CLS55 V8 are taking the plunge whilst fuel prices are low. With the trend to reduce the engine size and use turbos, these great engines may never be seen again. Own one while you can.

The cut in petrol prices is helping a lot. Lots of people with an urge to own either a C63 or a E/SL/CLS55 V8 are taking the plunge whilst fuel prices are low. With the trend to reduce the engine size and use turbos, these great engines may never be seen again. Own one while you can.

Dealer was prepared to offer close to £30k for my 2010 PPP car, but I kept it because, as AMGeed says, they will never make one that big again. Even S/SL/CL 65's are smaller.

Yes - all classics in their own time.

The "Status Quo" of the uber-compact-exec-saloons

I think most of them are being snapped up by traders who offer finance and bump the prices up i have seen facelift versions go for under 30k even 28k from MB and even BMW dealers as a lot of hem have high no of owners I guess the running costs start to sink in after the initial purchase but prices are coming down

It's always been like this, the smaller saloons are more desirable on the secondhand market. Exactly the same with the 3 and 5 series and the A4 and A6 etc etc.

It's a mentality thing, the smaller ones are cheaper when new and more are sold so people get it into their mind that's the one they should aim for secondhand because it will still be cheaper. Most never get past assuming the bigger ones will still be more expensive so prices aren't as strong.

It's always been like this, the smaller saloons are more desirable on the secondhand market. Exactly the same with the 3 and 5 series and the A4 and A6 etc etc.

It's a mentality thing, the smaller ones are cheaper when new and more are sold so people get it into their mind that's the one they should aim for secondhand because it will still be cheaper. Most never get past assuming the bigger ones will still be more expensive so prices aren't as strong.
I've been browsing 2/3 year old cars lately, my findings have been, you can have a Mercedes A-Class or a E-Class for similar money or a Audi A3 or A5 for similar money !

How do they command a much higher price even secondhand. I would have thought having a 6.3l engine may have brought it down a bit due to fill up prices.

Oversupply will slaughter the value of these cars in a matter of months.

nick mercedes said:
Oversupply will slaughter the value of these cars in a matter of months.

You said that numerous times here over the last year or two.............

^ The going rate for a high miler more like.

Was that car ever £84k list?

Edit. This was a reply to Post# 11.
I took too long:doh:

And the bonnet scratch... does it really cost £500 to have that repaired or is it just good will offer?!

If you're selling a car for £36k then it really needs to come without a big scratch.

You may as well buy one of the traders ones for less money and have some comeback if/when something goes wrong?

nick mercedes said:
If you're selling a car for £36k then it really needs to come without a big scratch. You may as well buy one of the traders ones for less money and have some comeback if/when something goes wrong?

That's what I'm thinking, even when I bought my car although a fraction of that cost, it's still a lot of money and little things like scratches on these cars just won't cut it

£36k is a lot of money for that car though isn't it? It does have a few extras, I don't know a lot about the C63 but want to be fully prepared at buying time

That's what I'm thinking, even when I bought my car although a fraction of that cost, it's still a lot of money and little things like scratches on these cars just won't cut it

£36k is a lot of money for that car though isn't it? It does have a few extras, I don't know a lot about the C63 but want to be fully prepared at buying time

Seems like in the real world 3 year old ones are worth about £25-£28k?

2012 (62) MERCEDES BENZ C63 AMG 6.3 V8 ESTATE 450bhp - POLAR WHITE - 7G 4-MATIC | eBay

So perhaps £36k for one with some damage is a bit optimistic?

nick mercedes said:
Seems like in the real world 3 year old ones are worth about £25-£28k

Estates always go for cheaper in any brand though don't they?

White seems to be more expensive too, me personally I'd love a white facelift saloon.

I need to stop looking at them!

White seems to be more expensive too, me personally I'd love a white facelift saloon.

Merc Estates have more value than saloons. Well E55's have.

I'd say the exact opposite - wagons go for more money (any brand).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom