Hole punch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Apparently today (14th November) is the 131st anniversary of the hole punch, thought I'd share that with you guys

Interesting...and the 40th anniversary of me getting my first car!

Google's Doodle swinging it's arms around provided a good few smiles in the office today.

Google's Doodle swinging it's arms around provided a good few smiles in the office today.
Only this morning I was thinking " I wonder when the hole punch was invented" . I feel so much better for knowing that little snippet. I have been waiting 53 years for someone to ask me when the Battle of Hastings was . Nobody has asked , but let me tell you , it was 1066 . No idea where it was though.!

Only this morning I was thinking " I wonder when the hole punch was invented" . I feel so much better for knowing that little snippet. I have been waiting 53 years for someone to ask me when the Battle of Hastings was . Nobody has asked , but let me tell you , it was 1066 . No idea where it was though.!

Well it wasn't in Hastings!

I wonder what Battle was called ,before "the Battle" . And did Harry & Bill know they were 7 miles away from Hastings? Must both have had dodgy satnavs .

No, but I knew a bloke called Harrold who was, he had an 'eye' for detail.

Yes but I understand he was there only for a few hours. That's what this bloke William said anyway.

No, but I knew a bloke called Harrold who was, he had an 'eye' for detail.
I know a bloke called Hastings. Strange but true. He has no affiliation with 1066 nor is he an Archer. He is gorgeous looking.

Hmmmm... I wonder if The Archers are all Normans then?

I know of a bloke called Hastings too...called his house Senlac Hill. Then he moved but the house name stayed the same.

The bloke I know (called Hastings) was named so after his mother insisted that his first name be in honour of her Australian Lancaster pilot fiancee who was killed in action in WWII. The father (married after the war) argued that if this was to be the case (it was) then his middle name would be Hastings, after his commanding officer, who had saved his life in Africa during WWII.

All this from a Hole Punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom